As the hub of the entire ecosystem, the decision-making voting rights of ASCH main chain belong to all XAS holders, while the daily management and maintenance of the system are in the charge of delegates elected by the community.
With the gradual improvement of the ASCH system and the efforts of all people, the influence of ASCH is rapidly improving. More and more people are paying attention to ASCH, and a number of enthusiastic people spontaneously contribute to the ASCH system. But this powerful force is very inefficient due to the lack of organization and planning, so we develop and update the 101 delegate mechanism of ASCH community.
We need to sort out and marshal the existing community delegates. The responsibility of the delegate is not only to maintain the smooth and stable operation of the ASCH system but also to be the backbone of the ASCH community and the spearhead of promoting the development of ASCH community. We must set up a reasonable reward and penalty system and replacement system to motivate delegates who act as delegates and timely replace the inaction and non-contribution.
Through the 101 delegate system, we make node contribution transparent and introduce the competition mechanism as well as supervision and assessment mechanism. By pulling together all the 101 delegates and the community members, we strive to build the ASCH platform into a great application ecosystem that is meaningful to the development of society and blockchain.
ASCH’s 101 delegate system will operate openly and transparently under the supervision of each community member.
Explanation of basic terms
Community member: Anyone who has ASCH account or any amount of XAS is a member of the community, and can vote to participate in the election of the delegate and the governance of the community.
Candidate delegate: Each account in the ASCH system can be registered as a candidate delegate if meeting certain basic requirements. A candidate delegate can gain recognition from community members by making contributions to the ASCH community, and have the opportunity to become an official delegate after rising in the voting list.
Recommended delegate: After the review, the ASCH team will select some outstanding candidate delegates for recommendation, and the recommended delegates still need to be approved by the community to become official delegates.
Official delegate: A candidate delegate can obtain the approval vote of community members by making contributions to the community and the top 101 will become the official delegates. The official delegate can have the right to receive node rewards, bookkeep, and vote and activate the proposal. The official delegate plays a key role in the ecological construction of ASCH.
Node: The node consists of two types: 101 official delegates and candidate delegates.
Basic description of the delegate
Each account in the ASCH system can be registered as a candidate delegate (with a deposit of 150,000 XAS and a payment of 100XAS), and the deposit can be unlocked at any time when the delegate no longer assumes the delegate’s obligations.
A candidate delegate can accept the vote of any XAS holders.
When the voting ratio ranks the top 101, the candidate delegate will become an official delegate, and can get the bookkeeping right, that is, the right to generate new blocks, and obtain certain rewards. The process of producing blocks is called forging.
The top 101 delegates take turns generating blocks in chronological order with a block interval of 10 seconds. When the shift delegate is abnormal and unable to produce a block, it will be postponed to the next 10 seconds, and the next delegate will continue to produce.
Each 101 block is a cycle, and the forging order of the delegate for each cycle is randomly changed. When the last block of each cycle is produced, the revenue settlement of the cycle will be conducted, and the new ranking will be refreshed.
Delegates who are unable to produce blocks due to server downtime, network errors, etc. cannot obtain the basic reward for that cycle, and will lower the productivity.
Only the official delegate has the bookkeeping right, and one must participate in the construction of the ASCH community to compete for the 101 delegates.
The delegate is responsible for the safe and stable operation of the ASCH platform. Generally speaking, ASCH’s delegate is equivalent to the miner in Bitcoin, and has the right to generate blocks. This process is called forging in the ASCH ecosystem.
Forging does not require a strong computing power like Bitcoin mining, an ordinary server (high configuration is recommended) can perform verification of the bookkeeping right. The algorithm integrates time slice verification, delegate random ranking, delegate signature, and PBFT algorithm. For details, please refer to ASCH white paper. Any ASCH investor can register as a candidate delegate. But only the top 101 on the list can have the right to forge blocks.
Official delegates should assume more responsibilities while enjoying XAS reward benefits. Nodes that do not contribute or do nothing will be eliminated by the community.
Basic requirements for candidate delegates
Token requirements: Each team applying for a delegate will have to pay 100XAS and lock 150,000 XAS in advance. If unlocking or consuming the token in advance during the period of being a delegate, the delegate will be deemed to have automatically renounced the delegate status.
Basic requirements for server configuration: 4-core CPU, 8GB memory, 5Mbps bandwidth, 40GB free disk space
- Candidate delegates should recognize ASCH’s values, understand the core knowledge of ASCH and respect the members of ASCH community.
- Candidate delegates should strive to promote the ecological construction of ASCH and the implementation of blockchain applications, and push ahead the development of the industry.
- Candidate delegates should be willing to provide pertinent suggestions for ASCH’s development and contribute to the ASCH project and provide appropriate resources.
- Delegate’s application is based on the principle of voluntary participation through the team application and audited by ASCH Foundation. Each delegate obeys relevant performance elimination rules.
- The team that becomes the delegate must submit the “ASCH Node Operation Plan” at the time of application and implement it in strict accordance with the plan.
- The team that becomes the delegate shall report to the community in public every quarter, to present the operation situation and the next quarter’s development plan that needs to include the cost details.
- In order to facilitate the rapid development of the ASCH ecosystem, the following organizations will be given priority in the election campaign:
- Partners who have contributed to ASCH in technology research and development, community construction, operation and development in the early stage.
- A team with certain resources in the development, operation, media, promotion, investment and financing of DAPP ecological construction.
- Institutions or teams with traditional enterprise resources and confidence to facilitate the implementation of blockchain technology cooperation.
In order to promote the smooth and efficient development of ASCH ecosystem and community, we have set a series of higher standards. Candidate delegates who meet these standards can become the recommended delegates after our review. We will give more support in promotion and publicity to improve their chances of being elected.
The recommended delegates will be updated regularly and shall meet the following requirements:
- Provide company or team information, key members’ information and resumes;
2. A community with a certain influence;
3. Have own official website;
4. Have own social media account with more than 2,000 followers;
5. Complete annual node operation plan and scheme;
6. Have relevant resources of DAPP ecology, including but not limited to development, operation, media, promotion, investment and financing.
If you meet the above requirements, please feel free to apply to be the recommended delegate. You can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for application and we will announce the result in the community after approval.
Delegate rewards and dividend mechanism
Distribution rules of delegate rewards: basic block-forging rewards (25% of total block-forging yields, average distribution among the 101 delegates) + voting rewards (25% of total block-forging yields, redistribution according to the voting proportion) + contribution rewards (distribution according to the contributions for the 50% of total block-forging yields and 3 million XAS from the council precipitation funds).
At present, the total annual block-forging output of the 101 delegates is 6.06 million XAS.
Basic block-forging rewards: 25% of total block-forging yields will be shared by all official delegates.
Eg: 6.06 million XAS/101 *25%= 15,000 XAS
Voting rewards: 25% of total block-forging yields will be distributed according to the voting proportion of all delegates (including candidate delegates). For this part, 50% of the rewards of the elected node belong to the node, and 50% will be distributed to the voters according to the voting proportion.
Eg: Assume the voting ratio is 10% of the total delegates’ votes, 6.06 million XAS*25%*10%= 151,500 XAS, of which the voter’s rewards: 50% of the rewards of the voted delegate by the voting percentage, namely, 151,500 *50%=75,750 XAS
Contribution rewards: Council will take out 3 million XAS generated during the node hosting and together with the 50% of the total yields after opening the 101 delegates as contribution rewards. ASCH Foundation will grade for every delegate based on publicity or development contribution to the ASCH ecology, and the delegate will get the corresponding contribution rewards. The greater the contribution, the higher the score, and the delegate will get the rewards higher than the average. This reward is set to allow delegates who have made real contributions to the ecology to receive a larger proportion of the bonus.
Eg: Assume the contribution is 10% of the total contribution of 101 delegates, (6.06 million XAS*50%+3 million XAS)*10%= 603,000; Effective and quantifiable contributions include but are not limited to: technology development, marketing promotion, community development, social resource promotion, etc.
The total reward of the delegate is: 15,000 + 75,750 + 603,000 = 693,750 XAS.
Open and transparent mechanism of the 101 delegate
- At the end of each quarter, 101 delegates are required to publicly broadcast or publish their contributions in the community, and the contributions must be high-quality, provable and effective. For those who do not make substantial contributions, the community can cancel their votes and make them ineligible for 101.
- The voting function opened by the ASCH team is intended to enable 101 candidates who make outstanding contributions and are willing to publicize to win more community support.
- Nodes can remain anonymous, but it does not mean inaction. 101 delegates have the right to forge blocks and get rewards, and members of the community also have the right to know about the contributions made by the delegates to the development of ASCH community and have the right to vote to support the delegates they approve. ASCH community always welcomes and supports people with ideas and achievements to participate in the campaign of 101 delegates.
- ASCH team will release the basic information of the delegate every quarter, including address, user name, account balance, votes records, income, server configuration, productivity, and lock height.
Election process of the 101 delegate
The 101 delegate will be opened to the public in batches. The first batch of 5–10 nodes will be open for application in early April. The first batch of nodes will focus on the construction of ASCH ecosystem, and the owners of relevant resources such as DAPP development team, traditional industries (such as game industry, or physical enterprises) and technology development community will be given priority. To apply to be a delegate, you need to submit the following information: team introduction, official website, social media account, community link, server type and location, budget and expenditure, program planning, etc. Please refer to Appendix 1 at the end of the article for the full list.
The campaign method and process for the team that meets the basic application criteria:
- Email to email@example.com, and ASCH team will basically review the authenticity of the materials (within 1 week). If approved, the team can be a candidate delegate.
- Publicize the team information under the 101 Delegates/101 Election section of the ASCH forum bbs.asch.io, and release the ASCH node operation plan.
- Use the social media platform or offline channels to solicit votes in the community. The first voting cycle is 15 days, and then it may change in real time according to the voting situation.
- The result will be published on the WeChat Official Account, Weibo, Medium, Twitter and other channels within one week after the end of the voting cycle.
How to get votes from other users
ASCH is a fast-growing community and the development of the community is inseparable from the joint efforts of the community members. The delegate can contribute their own strengths in technology development, operations, promotion, marketing, social resources and other aspects according to their own capabilities. Based on these contributions, the delegate can solicit votes in the community. According to the competition system (elimination system) of the ASCH 101 delegate, if the voting rate reaches the top 101, the delegate can have the right to forge blocks and get the corresponding rewards.
The above content will be adjusted as necessary with the development of the ASCH ecosystem. Please always follow our public media platform for the latest information.
Appendix 1: The Delegate Application Form
- Please fill in the official name of the team/organization applying for the delegate:
- Which of the following types does your team belong to (multiple choices)?Exchanges, wallets, community KOLs, media, investment institutions, investors, development teams, market value management, others
- Please fill in the basic introduction of the team:
- Please fill in the address of your company headquarters:
- Please fill in the link of your official website:
- Please upload the resumes of your key team members (optional):
- Please fill in your email address:
- Please fill in your contact number:
- Please fill in all your social media accounts and community channels:
- Your campaign declaration:
- Please describe in detail your campaign plan and how to get others’ votes:
- Please upload your operation plan:
Please send your comments and advice for the above ‘101 Delegate Mechanism of ASCH Community’. The finalized version will be announced in early April.
Be part of ASCH:
English (main group): https://t.me/Asch_En
Русский (Russian): https://t.me/Asch_Ru
Türkçe (Turkish) ：https://t.me/Asch_TR
Việt Nam (Vietnamese): https://t.me/Asch_Vn
Українська (Ukrainian): https://t.me/Asch_UA