PWA stands for Progressive Web Apps.
What are Progressive Webs Apps?
PWA is a Web Application that can be made to look and feel like a Native Application on a Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop or Desktop. PWA Experience can be stated as the Next Big Thing in Mobile. PWA enhances User Experience. According to Google “A Progressive Web App uses modern web capabilities to deliver an app-like user experience.” Some of the well known PWA applications are Twitter Lite, Flipkart Lite, Pinterest, Forbes.
Characteristics of PWA for Users are as follows:
- Progressive-This means that it will work for any user, no matter what type of device or platform that they’re using.
- Discoverable-PWA is easily Discovered by the Search Engines.
- Linkable-PWA is Web Linkable and can be easily shared via URL.
- Responsive-PWA can fit all forms, such as mobile devices, tablets, or desktops.
- App-Like- PWA looks, Feels and interacts like Native Apps. Works on both Apple and Android devices
- Safe-Served via HTTP to prevent snooping and ensure content hasn’t been tampered with.
- Connectivity-Independent-PWAs function offline or even on low-quality networks.
- Fresh- PWAs are always up to date. The credits go to Service Worker Update process.
- Installable- Allow users to keep apps they find most useful on their home screen.
- Re-Engageable- The feature named Push Notifications makes Re-engagement easy.
PWA is Connectivity Independent which means Progressive Web Apps can operate Offline or even on Network with the poor quality connection.PWA’s are safe and Re-engageable. Users can be contacted using methods such as Push Notifications.
Features of PWA’s are as follows:
- No Download Required.
- Linkable and Shareable.
- Low Data Requirement.
- Requires no Updates.
- Uses fewer Data compared to Native Apps.
- Fast and Easy for Installation.
PWA’s are the next step to Mobile Applications with Enhanced Speed and Performance. Not having to maintain separate Native App saves time and cost to launch applications on supported platforms. Also not having to write Two different codes for Android and iOS reduces efforts of the Developers and can be cost-effective.
Why do we need a Progressive Web App?
1)Fast: PWA’s are faster compared to the Native Applications. As you can Cache the data in PWA, it is extremely fast to start the application again even without hitting the network.
2)Reliable: The presence of Service workers makes PWA Reliable.
3)Engaging: Because we can send notifications to a user, we can really drive the engagement up by keeping the user notified and engaged with the app.
4)Integrated user experience: PWAs feel and behave like Native Apps. They are visible on the User’s home screen, send Push notifications like Native apps and have access to the device’s functionality.
PWAs are supported by :
Write to us on email@example.com to get a free evaluation to check whether your next application should be created as PWA.
Visit us at www.ashutec.com