How to Use Google Takeout Transfer?
Generally, Transfer involves the movement of assets, information from one account to another or in an offline space. This process of copying or moving files from one place to another runs over with a network or internet connection. When it comes to talking about Google Transfer, Google also follows the same rules.
Nowadays, we can’t think of an online space without Google. A to Z of our information, Google can easily find. Our activity history to downloading files, every footstep save to Google storage. Google allows users to transfer every document to remote storage if they want. Let’s take a deeper look.
What is Google Transfer
This is a common question we heard about how to transfer google data between Google discounts in my training sessions. We are using a personal Google drive for school chores. The G Suite account helps us to use branded Gmail accounts like email@example.com. This account includes Gmail, Contacts, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google sites, YouTube, and so on. Google transfer is used in various ways. Some people like to transfer Google Drive data to their consumer accounts. Some people want to transfer Gmail and Google Drive data from G Suite for personal accounts to Google Account. See how it’s happened.
Transferring Gmail and Google Drive Data from G Suite for Education Account to Another Account
Google content transfer tool, also known as Google Takeout Transfer, is the best way to transfer Email and Google Drive files from school Google Account to another Google account. That includes all the file types such as emails in Gmail, documents you created in Google Drive, Google docs, Google sheets. But here is a catch, your team drive file, shared with me, or only you have gained access, these files can’t be transferred. This transfer tool is able to copy all the files, so no harm to original files and vice versa.
Note: This tool is only available for those who want to transfer data from a G Suite account to an education account.
Process of Accessing Google Takeout Transfer
- Log in to the desired G Suite for Education account you want to transfer files from or direct go to https://takeout.google.com/transfer.
- Click on profile picture then choose My Account
Go to the Personal info & privacy section and Tap control your content.
Find Transfer Your Content box and click Start transfer.
Instantly, transfer content tools will start, as shown below.
Enter your desired email address, you want to copy data.
Tap on the Send code button.
Check the email inbox section which you previously used in step 6. You will see a confirmation code. See the demo below.
Note: We are recommending using a second Google account in Chrome Incognito window or with a separate chrome profile.
Now click on the Get Confirmation code button.
A new tab will open with a confirmation code. Copy the code then close the tab.
Note: This code only valid for 24 hours
Get back to the content transfer tool in your previous Google account. Paste your copied code then tap on the Verify code button.
Select the particular content you want to transfer.
Tap on the Start Transfer button.
Now the transfer process begins. Usually, it completes within a few hours, sometimes taking one week to finish. It will depend on your data amount. You will be notified when copied data gradually comes to Google account at that time. Transferred emails will be created at a level in Gmail with a specific name of your account and the data you started to transfer.
After the transfer process is completed successfully, all information will be sent to your Email. If any files failed to transfer, check the next process.
This method is appropriate for those who want to transfer files in another Google account that is not actually copied by the content transfer tool.
- Put all the files in the Google Drive folder, you want to transfer and share the folder with another Google account. Must have the privilege to edit access.
- Log in to another Google account in the incognito tab.
- Find the Copy Folder Chrome extension in Chrome Web Store. Now add it to Chrome to install.
Go to the Chrome apps page (chrome://apps/) and click on the Copy Folder icon.
Now allow the app permissions to run. Then it will open.
Tap on Search your Drive button and browse and find out the folder you shared on step 1. Click Next.
Edit the name of the copied folder. Tap on Next.
Untick Copy permission and choose the path where you want to copy the folder. Tap on Next.
Review every option you selected before. Tap on the Copy folder to start the copy. The copy will run in the background. It will notify you when finished.
After copying is complete, back to another Google account and us-share every shared folder that you have shared in step 1.
This is another method of exporting Google data to another account. Google data can also be exported as a Zip file for the purpose of being used in another service such as Microsoft Office.
Google Takeout Classic version allows users to select multiple services they want to export data from the saved Zip file, which is sent via email to the user. Apart from the transfer, when exporting via .zip file, all content is converted to non-Google, with a universal standard format. Drive content can be exported in Microsoft Office format and services like Calendar convert to iCalendar format. Takeout also allows users to select specific data they want to copy.
Steps for Exporting using Google Takeout Classic
- Go to https://takeout.google.com/ from the account you wish to export
- Choose the Google service you wish to include.
- Choose file type, location, frequency. Since this option works well for backing up data, you can set the timeout to run every two months for a year or just for once.
- Click “Create Export” and the .zip files will be sent to your email within 24 hours depending on what amount of content you export.
Manual Method of Transferring
Transferring Google Contacts, Google Calendars, Google Sites, YouTube Data One account to Another Account
Export Google Contacts
Log in to Google account, you want to export contacts from, then open Contacts.
Choose what you want to export. It can be all contacts in your account, selected contacts, or a specific group.
Choose Google CSV format.
Tap on Export and select a path on your computer/phone to save files.
Import Google Contacts
- Log in to Google Account, you want to import contacts, then open contacts.
- Select More>Import
- Tap on the Select File button and browse the export contacts file
- Tap on Import
Transfer Google Calendars
To transfer a calendar between Google Accounts requires an export file from one account to import in another.
Export Google Calendar:
Log in to the Google account you want to export the calendar from. Now open Google Calendar.
In My Calendar list, hover over the calendar name you decided to export. Click the title arrow which is placed on the right, then select Settings and Sharing.
Tap on the Export calendar.
Choose a particular location to save the exported file.
Import Google Calendar
Log in to your Google account, you decided to import the calendar too. Open Google Calendar.
Tap on the plus icon of the Other Calendars option then selects Import.
Tap on the Select file from your computer and browse for the exported file.
Choose the calendar you want to import from the exported event.
Tip: If you want to import events into a separate calendar, create a new Calendar before starting the import process. For example, you can rename it to “School events archive” or something similar. You can select a specific calendar during the import process.
Transfer Google Sites
Classic Google Sites
- Open any Google Site you want to transfer.
- Share the site with your desired Google Account, give this account “Owner” access.
- Log in to another Google Account and open Google Site.
- Click on the Settings button and choose Manage Site.
- Find the General tab and click on the Copy site button.
6. Choose a new name and URL for the new site. If you want to collaborate on the copy site with others, just tick on the Copy Site Collaborators option.
7. Tap on Copy
These settings will make a copy of your original site, which means the copied version will have another URL to the original site. Make sure you update every link that points to this site, you want other people to access it.
New Google Sites
- Open the Google Site you want to transfer.
- Share this site to another Google Account, give this account “Can edit” access.
- Log in to another Google account and open Google Site shared in step 2.
- Tap on the More button and Choose the Duplicate site.
5. You can edit the site name, if you want then choose a location in Google drive to save it.
6. Tap on Duplicate.
It will make a copy of the original site when you publish copied version, it will have a different URL to
Transferring YouTube videos to Remote Storage
Google allows two options to transfer YouTube data between Google accounts. You can transfer the ownership of a YouTube channel or download particular videos and upload them to another account.
Transfer Ownership of a YouTube Channel
With this option, you can keep the existing channel name, URL, videos, comments and settings also. Recommending a broadly described blog post to transfer ownership of a YouTube channel.
Transfer/Download Individual Videos to Remote Storage
This process involves downloading each video in your YouTube account.
- Log in to your ownership YouTube account
- Tap on the profile pic icon in the top-right corner. Choose Creator Studio
3. Select Video Manager from the left menu.
4. Click on the little arrow next to the Edit button and Choose to Download MP4.
5. Choose a path to save the file.
There is no doubt, Google has unique thoughts about the content. They created the Google Takeout Transfer tool for the better of their valuable users. Use this tool properly and backup/transfer/download your valuable content from Google storage. Follow every screenshot attentively to successfully be able to do this job.