Dear Gus fans,
We’re hard at work on Issue 2, and I can’t wait to share it with you. There are so many great stories wending their way through our editing process, I’d thought I’d give you a little preview. When subscribers receive their copies in a few weeks, they’ll be treated to:
- a pair of cover stories comparing dramatically different alternatives to factory farming;
- the Decider about diapers our parent readers have been demanding;
- a passionate essay from a youth climate leader;
- the first outing from our new columnist, sharing The View from Inside the environmental movement;
- and some holiday-helpful stories about buying sustainable wine, and the life cycle of wrapping paper.
Haven’t subscribed yet? There’s no time like the present: from now through the end of 2019, we’re throwing in an extra free issue when you purchase a 3-issue subscription.
And that’s not the only deal we’ve got going on. We need to make room at Gus HQ for boxes full of Issue 2, so we’ve put our sweet sustainable swag on sale. From now until Buy Nothing Day, you can save 30–40% on our tote bags, kitchen towels, and travel mugs. Head on over to the Asparagus Stand today, and stalk up on great green gifts!
As predicted, our online publishing schedule has slowed right down this month, but we do have one excellent new piece for you to check out: Bex vanKoot’s tale of bugs, climate change, elk, forests, humans, and how we’re all connected. And lots of stories in our archive that are great to read (or re-read) this time of year:
- The Deciders on lip balm and tissues — perfect for chapped-lips-and-stuffy-noses season;
- Our Black Sheep Parent’s guides to greener holidays and experiential gift-giving;
- The reality check that All That Glitters… is Microplastic, Unfortunately;
- And always relevant, but especially before the holidays, 5 Ways to Choose Sustainable Chocolate.
We’ll be bringing you more great online content just as soon as Issue 2 goes to press, so stay tuned!
Yours in the thick of it,
Editrix in Chief, Asparagus Magazine