Best in Class: Lessons from Publicly Traded Enterprise SaaS Companies
There are sixty publicly traded enterprise SaaS companies. Together, they have been one of the best performing segments of the stock market, up nearly 400% since 2011.
Among them there are just 12 which fit the following criteria:
- Growing revenue at 25%+ YoY
- 70%+ gross margin
- Capital efficiency of 30%+ (growth — burn)
What makes these companies so successful?
It may surprise you to learn:
- Our “Best in Class” SaaS companies have ACVs that range from $240 USD per anum to $519,000 USD.
- All of our non-USA “Best in Class” companies were self-serve products
- 85% of our Best in Class companies are founder led
- A number of fast growing, multi billion dollar enterprise SaaS companies have gross margins of 50–65% (e.g: twilio, shopify, cloudera).
Frontline is a B2B / Enterprise Seed VC investing in Europe. email@example.com