[Updated] Join the Frontline Ventures team:
We’re hiring an Associate!
Update, June 2016: We are very lucky to announce that Thomas Olszewski has joined the Frontline team as Associate. Read his welcome post here.
Frontline Ventures is an early-stage technology VC based in London and Dublin. We have a portfolio of 20+ companies throughout Ireland and the UK, with a focus on pre-seed and seed-stage startups. We are wholly committed to community — the portfolio of entrepreneurs we have invested in, our network-driven investors and platform team, the larger European tech community from which we were born, and the LPs who fuel our journey. That is why I’m very excited to announce that we will be adding to that team! Frontline is looking for an Investment Associate!
Who would do well in this role?
While we believe that great investors can come in all shapes and sizes and from many different backgrounds, there are a number of core qualities were are looking for:
- You have to be smart: We come across companies from fields as diverse and complex as crypto-currencies and machine learning, to drones and financial technologies. You must have an ability to understand new technologies and business models quickly.
- You have to understand people: Over half of our investments have been pre-product. When you invest as early as we do, so much of the investment decision is about the people we are investing in. The ideal candidate is someone who understands a founding team’s ambitions and abilities quickly.
- You have to be curious: We are looking for the next great entrepreneurs and technologies, and they don’t just end up at our doorstep. We actively look for new areas and people we should know, and we expect that you will too.
- You have to have a strong drive and the ability to self-direct: Your work and time is open-ended by nature and you must be able to identify and execute on opportunities to contribute to the team with little, management or direction.
- You have to have strong communication and interpersonal skills: Well-defended opinions are a necessity in discussing investments. You will also often be interacting with entrepreneurs and investors, at events, and sometimes to the press on behalf of Frontline — it is important that you are someone we’d be proud to represent us.
- You should be interesting and enjoyable to be around: We are a small team and work closely together. This doesn’t mean we have to agree on everything, but we have to like working with you.
What will your responsibilities be?
You will help manage the day-to-day investing and reporting activities of the firm, including:
- Sourcing entrepreneurs that could be potential investments for Frontline
- Attending and participating in industry events to build Frontline’s brand and awareness in the technology community
- Market research and due diligence, analysing potential investments
- Reporting to our LPs, which involves creating reports and updates on our companies and their progress
- Working with portfolio companies, including research projects, competitive analysis, and attending board meetings
- Designing and executing projects of your own direction that help Frontline and/or our portfolio companies
What does Frontline offer you?
We have been carefully building our culture and team since 2013, and hope that you will love coming into work as much as we do. We are offering this Investment Associate:
- Access to some of the most exciting technology entrepreneurs in Europe
- An independent and autonomous work environment
- Direct mentorship from the Frontline partners
- A two-year role based in London or Dublin
- Competitive and negotiable compensation
How do I apply?
We’re glad you made it this far! Before you apply, take some time to learn more about us, who we are, and what we do. Check out our website, portfolio, social media, etc.
A personal introduction is the only way to apply for this job.
When you do get in touch: feel free to include your CV, but we are more interested in who you are and how you think. So please send us links to learn more about you (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr/Medium/blog, GitHub, etc.) and also some seed-stage companies you think would be great investments.
Please also include <2 paragraphs on why you want this role and how you will contribute to the team.
We are looking to fill the role as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!