Add Your Story to “At The Whiteboard”
Why This Publication Exists
At Whiteboard Consulting Group we believe in making things better.
That’s a pretty broad scope, so let me break it down for you.
We specifically want to help you Crush It At Work.
- Are you a front-line employee trying to figure out how to make improvements in what you do every day, how to be an amazing team member, how to move up in an organization, or how to build amazing relationships at work?
- Maybe you’re a manager, trying to be amazing at your job. You’d like to improve business processes, learn how to engage your team, inspire them, coach them (ugh, what does THAT even mean?), talk to them even when it’s tough, make changes that stick, or just be “that manager” that people remember (in a good way) forever.
- Are you a Senior Leader who wishes their team would “think more strategically” but don’t know how to explain that to them? Do you have communication issues, culture issues, and change management issues? If I asked you to explain change management to me in 25 words or less, could you? Are you trying to improve efficiency, save money, or make your customers happier? Why? How do you know there’s a problem?
If you are any of those people, then this publication is for you.
Our overarching theme is making things better at work — more efficient, more engaging, more pleasant, just… more.
We believe that in order to make things better, things have to change.
And in order to make change stick, you need certain fundamental skills, like communication, self-awareness, empathy, and leadership.
- We want to help you fix stuff related to your job or workplace.
- We want to help your fixes “stick.”
Write For Us
Our five main tags are: Process Improvement, Productivity, Change Management, Leadership, and Personal Development.
They are pretty broad topics, and all but Process Improvement are pretty significant Medium tags (but we are really all about Process Improvement at the core so we want it highlighted).
We know, for instance, that Personal Development includes career advice, networking, self-awareness, communication skills, and more. And Leadership — well that’s a wide open subject right there.
If you can tie your story to one of our main topics and do any (or all) of the following, then we’d love to hear from you:
- Make the workplace better.
- Help someone be better at, or feel better about, their job and/or career.
- Help managers be inspiring and become leaders.
- Help people understand process improvement and figure out how to do it at work without launching a massive expensive program.
- Help people learn how to talk to each other better at work, and understand why it’s important.
- Help people learn to coach (up, down, or across) and understand the benefits.
- Help people make improvements at work that stick.
- You must have a high res photo at the head of your post, and it must stretch across the top of your article (at least the second widest option).
- Your story should be free of spelling or grammatical errors.
- Your story should have a catchy title that makes people want to read it and that aligns with our themes.
- You should use titles and sub-titles to break up your story and make it easier for the reader to follow.
- You should have a clear point to your story.
Please note we reserve the right to remove any post which does not align with this publication, which has been published elsewhere, which we consider spam or sales, which is offensive in any way, and which appears in other publications within 30 days of appearing in At The Whiteboard.
To be added as a writer to this publication, comment below, and include a link to an unpublished story you think fits our themes. We’ll get back to you asap.