I need digital leads, …and now pls! ⏩Zoom, Mailchimp, PipeDrive, Web, Social medias..lot of systems, lot of challenges
Lot of companies are now going through the same ~we were meeting prospects on conferences, breakfast briefings, meet-ups, .. how are we going to generate leads now? Answer is digital!
Search engines, digital advertisements, social medias, web pages, blogs, articles. But all this brings totally new challenges, the data are now even more important and I will explain why and what tools we use to manage all these challenges!
Leads, Opportunities, Deals, Customers
We have decided to do kind of digital conferences, covering online and offline webinars on different topics. The process obviously starts with publishing the events on our web page, then creating the events on Zoom, then promoting the webinars through different channels — our own mailing list through Mailchimp, then we promote through 3rd party partners, we publish posts on social medias LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, you know it. People re-post & like or hate, share, and we use different advertisement platforms to promote these posts.
Now all this generates traffic to your web, some people go to webinar page, then they leave, then they get back to your page, they read something, watch video, and sometime fill-in the contact form, or chat with your chat-bot, or register to webinar, but the question is….
Do they attend the webinar? Are they real leads? or they are competitors, students, already your customers, lost deals? Your manager asks so how many deals we have really generated? How does the funnel look-like?
Hard to answer, yeah?? Because the data are scattered over different systems. It’s obviously must to integrate all these data in one central place and validate these data on the way.
Systems and data integration 💻
We are not huge company but we use a lot of tools and systems on this journey
- Our Web publishing platform
- Keycloak single sign on where we register all our users
- Zoom platform, where we register users, send reminders, some of partners use zoom landing pages to register attendees
- Our internal app where we register attendees of events
- Web forms for sign-ups and request of demos
- Pipedrive as our CRM, keeping pipeline, contacts, organization in
- Internal system to track behavior of people on our web
- Mailchimp to send email invitation, follow-ups
- Youtube to stream webinars and upload offline copies
- CSV files with registered people from external partners, conferences
- Social medias
- Advertisement platforms
- Google analytics
- Ataccama Data Management platform to integrate, clean and master all the data
So whats typically happening
When we want to pull out funnel as shown above we need to extract data out the date from multiple systems, and they are usually not consistent, e.g. when I take a look in our app where we register attendees I see number 168, when I go to Zoom I see 226, when I go to google analytics I see 179. When I ask our sales people how was the webinar they tell you that only 70 people attended and out of that half was existing customers, half was vendors, half was partners, half was irrelevant and few were relevant 😃 — and yes I know a lot of half but that’s reality 💥.
At the end it all boils down to having these data in one place, clean, de-duplicated and mastered and documented! Understanding what is coming from where, how is it integrated
“Master” Data Management & Governance is answer!
The solution for these problems is Customer Integration Hub (or MDM Hub) ~ one place where you store all your contacts, companies, their roles, events, and relationships between them. And you not just store them but clean them, de-duplicate and master them. And then provide these data to Reporting system.
So what we do is that each of the systems above is connected to central Customer hub, the data are synchronized there. To give you an example this is what is happening
- Customer comes to our web, he browses there, we track the events on web
- Once the customer comes to webinar page and registers — he fills in info Martin Zahumensk, 0940 343 443, firstname.lastname@example.org, company Ataccama. As this is web form lot of people provide incorrect or dummy information, lot of registrations is coming from our employees, partners, lot of people register with different email addresses, or use nick names for their companies such as ATA for Ataccama — so as part of our data integration job we run data quality and data cleansing jobs to resolve these issues, see more about this below
- Once we have the data we ask our Customer Data Hub via API if the we know the person. Now the hub does it’s magic it does not only check the name but tries to use AI to match the record to existing records, so uses attributes like email, phone, company name, to find potential duplicity. It also checks data quality and filter out spam records. If the person exists we get ID or hub creates new one
- We send all events for that person, such as webinar registration, important web activities, registration to our ONE Data Profiling Tool, or download of our Ataccama Data Quality Analyzer to Customer Integration Hub to have them in one central place with time-stamps as they were happening
- We use the same synchronization principle when the customer registers to Zoom directly, we also synchronize after event data such if attended, if questions were posted, etc.
- We synchronize all contact information from Hub to Mailchimp and Pipedrive. When some one clicks on email campaign in Mailchimp we again feed it back to Hub.
- When some-one unsubscribes we again sync this to one place so we have correct consents information
- When someone creates deal in Pipedrive for given person, or schedule activity we again get it back to MDM Hub.
- When we get list of attendees from 3rd party conference we upload them to our internal event app and they again get synchronized, cleaned-up and mastered in the MDM Hub.
Data Quality & Data Cleansing process
Part of our data integration jobs is data quality and cleansing process. At start we validate Company name, try to rule out obviously dummy data, remove special characters, we also filter out our company name. After this we validate the provided email address and look-it up in our master data, if not found, we try the same with person name. If we match this we assign the activity / event to existing persona, and by this we already have link to company and see if the registration is coming from existing customer, already known prospect, or partner, or is new. If we have a new one we make extended validations on dummy values, valid emails, valid phone numbers, prior we create new persona in master data. We also use the quality of provided data to score the lead relevance, and this is then transferred to our PiperDrive CRM so sales people can prioritize the deals by their quality.
So What are benefits of this approach?
Once you set-up your architecture this way, you will see all data in place, and it makes live and reporting much easier
- We can clearly identify from which source the leads are coming in — is Linkedin better then Twitter or Instagram, or Email campaign?
- We can clearly see if this is totally new prospect, or is existing customer or partner, you can easily report how many new deals you are generating, or active are you customers, if they were watching webinar about product they don’t yet use and so on
- You can actually easily say how many new companies interacted with you instead of specific people who can still be from the same company
- You can easily filter your employees, partners, or spam emails from the numbers
- You can use the hub to enhance and enrich your data, e.g. to look-up company details based on the email domain, or look-up location / country based on the IP address
All this is now even more important then before, many companies are undergoing digital transformation, and as as physical is getting digital, the data are the GOLDEN EGG and you need to treat them in this way!
Ataccama Self-driving Data Management & Governance platform
We use our own Ataccama Self driving Data Management & Governance platform, which allows you to easily Integrate the data from different sources both off-line and on-line, validate them, enrich them, identify duplicates, create master records, and provide this information to all other systems. Whole platform is using lot of AI magic to help you with the tasks and save your time, just imagine it working the same way as when you let your autopilot in your car drive for you on highway!
We also use Data Catalog and Meta-data management module which helps us out to track the systems, data models, business terms, linage of data, data quality.
And all this in ONE .. Ataccama ONE integrated platform. If you are interested in more details check our web https://www.ataccama.com and see our Digital Webinars to learn more and see the platform in action!