Automata is live on Polygon via the PoS Bridge!
It is with much excitement we share that Automata is now live on Polygon via the Polygon Bridge! With reference to the PoS (Proof-of-Stake) Bridge, users benefit from transferring ERC-20 tokens to its equivalent on Polygon’s Mainnet in a simple and secure manner.
Bridging to a network for the first time might seem daunting, but it’s actually rather straightforward. Follow our guide below to find out how you can easily move ERC-20 ATA tokens to Polygon using the PoS Bridge. Besides, there is also a really handy video tutorial you can check out here.
How it works
- To start off, connect your wallet to the Polygon Web Wallet. You will be able to choose from Metamask, WalletConnect and Coinbase Wallet at this point in time.
- Search for Automata and select the Deposit button. Make sure the Transfer Mode selected is PoS Bridge.
- Once you have keyed in the amount, click on “Transfer” which begins the swap of ATA (ERC-20) to ATA (Polygon). Tip: You need to have Ethereum (ETH) tokens in your wallet to pay for gas fees and complete the transaction.
- A bridge works both ways — to swap ATA (Polygon) back to ATA (ERC-20), click on “Withdraw” and follow the same steps above. In this case, you’ll need to have Polygon (MATIC) tokens to pay for gas fees and allow the transaction to go through.
Add ATA to your Polygon Wallet
- To add ATA to your Polygon wallet, select “Custom token” and add the ATA (Polygon) contract address here: 0x0df0f72ee0e5c9b7ca761ecec42754992b2da5bf
A word of caution
Scams and fraudulent actors are an unfortunate but inevitable part of this industry, and it’s important to do your due diligence before providing any personal or financial information to any website, application or person. For instance, always triple check your source of information and verify with the official source(s) — Twitter is our main announcement channel.
ATA (Polygon) contract address via the PoS bridge can be found here: https://polygonscan.com/token/0x0df0f72ee0e5c9b7ca761ecec42754992b2da5bf
Known as a layer-2 scaling platform, Polygon has quickly gained a strong foothold within DeFi with attractive features including lower gas fees and faster transaction speed, among others. We are thrilled that ATA will now be available via the Polygon PoS Bridge to help our users get the most out of their DeFi experience — but stay tuned because we might just have a few more surprises planned around the corner.