High-level plan for Q4 — Development update Friday 5th October 2018
Hey guys! This week our development update explains our high-level development goals for the next quarter. It will give you a better idea of what to expect over the coming months, and I hope you’re as excited as we are!
Before we head into our upcoming plans, let’s take a quick look back at Q3. This is what was listed as our goals for Q3 on our roadmap:
We’re happy to say that we’ve fulfilled every item on our plan for Q3!
High-level plan for Q4
We’re working on four tracks in every sprint
In every sprint, we’ll be working on:
- bug fixes
- new features
- enhancements, and
We will push a new update every four weeks — three-week development sprints, and one week for internal testing and deployment to the app stores. All release notes will be published on the website here, so you know what every update includes.
The planned release dates for the remainder of 2018 are:
- 26 October
- 23 November
- 14 December (This is a week early due to public holidays in December)
The rest of this post goes into more detail of each track.
All bugs that have been logged by our community and found by the developers in the previous sprint will be worked on and the fixes will be deployed in the next release. If you come across any other bugs, please let us know in the #bug-channel on Discord here.
We’re working on a number of new game features to ensure that the game is always evolving and encouraging players to keep coming back for more. Details of these will be released in the coming weeks.
One of the major new features that we’re focusing on in Q4 is the Blockchain integration. This involves a number of aspects, such as creating a separate Portal for players to use to view all tokenized creature statistics, skins, and relics. This is also where players will be able to take DTBs in and out of the game or put creatures up for sale. Obviously, there’s also a heck of a lot of technical integration that needs to happen before this can be launched, and we’re aiming for this to be released by the end of November.
We’re also adding new spells to every new release, this means new spell types to keep you working on your gameplay strategies, as well as adding new standard attack and defense spells. We’re also working on getting a range of creature skins into the game by the end of November so you can customize your creatures.
We’ll be enhancing some of the current game features, an example being the current spells. We’re re-creating all of them with new VFX, so they’ll feel and look different but this will also assist with performance optimization. We’re also working on the balance of the spells and relics, so loyal players will notice some changes there too.
We’ll also work on the UI and the tutorial in every sprint, as these will always be items that will change dynamically.
I know you’re all going to be excited about this one! In every sprint we’re spending a lot of time on our creatures, we’re aiming to release a few creatures in every update. Each creature pack we release will be a combination of ICO and non-ICO creatures. This means that as soon as the blockchain Portal is complete, the creature swap process can begin!
We’ll do a full post on the creature swap process, but for now, we can let you know that the creature swap will take place in batches. What does this mean?
- When the Portal and blockchain integration is complete, those with creature tokens will be able to swap them for any of the ICO creatures that have been released up to that point.
- It will be your choice whether you want to swap your token immediately for those creatures that have been released, or if you would prefer to wait for future batches to be available.
- After every batch of new ICO creatures, creature token holders will be able to swap their tokens and the creatures will be playable in-game.
- We’re working on ensuring that there is a nice mix of different levels and rarity in each batch of released creatures.
- We’ll release all the information and art for every ICO creature for each batch — including their unique spells — so that creature token holders can have as much information as possible to help them choose which creature they’d like to swap their token for!
We can’t wait to share all of the amazing work that goes into this; from art, re-skinning and designing unique spells for each!
This is just a high-level view of what we’re working towards, every two weeks we’ll provide a more detailed update of items that have been implemented in that sprint. We’re excited for you to join us on this journey to make Augmentors the best game it can possibly be!
The Augmentors Team