Conor, Matt, and Jorge take us through the latest Austin FC signings and Expansion Draft selections. We also recover from the MLS Cup Final and catch-up on the Champions League and International league standings. Featured music this week by Austin’s Ghostland Observatory!
Austin FC Updates
5 Free Agent players signed on Sunday
- Nick Lima, defender (from San Jose Earthquakes)
- Ben Sweat, defender (from Inter Miami CF)
- Julio Cascante, defender (from Portland Timbers)
- Ulises Segura, midfielder (from D.C. United)
- Jon Gallagher, forward (from Atlanta United)
5 Expansion Draft players Tuesday
- Joe Corona (Midfield, LA Galaxy)
- Danny Hoesen (Forward SJE)
- Jared Stroud (Midfielder RBNY)
- Brady Scott (Goalkeeper Nashville)
- Kamal Miller → already traded to Montreal for $225k GAM and 1st round pick
Major League Soccer
- MLS Final: Columbus 3 Seattle 0 — Reactions!
- CONCACAF Champions League Updates
Women’s Soccer & NWSL Updates
- Women’s Champions League Round of 32
- European Leagues table standings
World Soccer Updates
- Round up of action from the weekend
- Reyna scores in Bundesliga, Weah in the Europa League (for Lille vs. Celtic)
- Owen Otasowie makes his first team debut for Wolves vs. Chelsea
- Christian Pulisic’s #10 Chelsea Jersey is the second most purchased jersey worldwide (for the entire year). Only behind Messi. This means he outsold Cristiano Ronaldo, Kylian Mbappe, & Neymar.
- Big teams in England struggle
- Champions League updates
- Europa League updates
- Copa Libertadores quarterfinal recap
- Liga MX Final
- Who’ll lose their job first? Antonio Conte at Inter Milan (who just got eliminated from all European Competition) or Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Manchester United (who were eliminated from the Champions League)
- Are Leipzig or Leverkusen a bigger threat to Bayern?
- The gang picks Pick upsets in the Champions League Round of 16 and Europa League Round of 32
- Austin Anthem is the Supporters Group for Austin FC. If you’re not already a member, sign-up online at AustinAnthem.org. You can follow us on all the social networks at “AustinAnthem”. As mentioned, the new 2021 Membership kits are available if you’d like to purchase, but membership in the SG for all of Austin is free to join.
- Anthem merchandise is available on our online store. Free shipping of fantastic gear for in the stands or around Austin. Merch money goes to fund our non-profit’s operation.
- Our closing music for the pod this week is by Ghostland Observatory, a duo based out of Austin who are self-described as “not a band but an agreement between two friends to create something that not only heals their beat-driven hearts, but pleases their rock ‘n roll souls.” They have performed on many big stages from Conan O’Brian’s show to Coachella to Austin City Limits, including an epic performance in conjunction with the U.T. Band. They have a new E.P. titled “Channels”, which we encourage our listeners to check out. You can find out more at Twitter @OfficialGLO, Instagram @GhostlandObservatory, or Facebook @ghostlandobservatory. We are closing on their classic track “Sad Sad City”, a song that rocketed them into the permanent fabric of Austin’s music culture. Enjoy!
- If you’d like to send us music to use in the pod or know some musicians who might be interested, drop us an email at email@example.com. We love to showcase Austin music and musicians to Austin soccer fans.
- This episode was hosted by Jorge Chavez, Matt Barbour, and Conor Heffernan.
- Remember to leave us a review and subscribe to the show. It’s like the joy of giving, without worrying about a gift receipt.
Wear a mask. Stay safe. Happy Holidays!