The Power of True Friendship and Improving Relationships: This pandemic and our response to it stopped the world. It’s put us against a powerful force that’s scary and harmful to our existence and way of living. It’s taken away our sense of belonging, changed our traditions, habits, and our sense of community. In doing so, it helps us to look at our essence, who we are, and WHO (what people) are the most important in our lives. It makes us question, how do we treat the ones we love? What are our closest and most important relationships? Are we happy with our closest loved ones? How are they doing? What can I do better to be a better friend?
As a part of my series about the things we can do to remain hopeful and support each other during anxious times, I had the pleasure of interviewing Eliyahu Jian.
Eliyahu Jian is an author, life and spiritual coach, motivational speaker, and advisor to people of all ages and backgrounds, including notable celebrities and entrepreneurs. He empowers people to be the best versions of themselves, creates stronger relationships, achieves career success, and live healthier lifestyles through his teachings.
He’s shared his vision and guidance with some of the most famous and influential people in the world, and most recently for everyone in his book: The Laughing Billionaire — How to Become Rich and Happy. Throughout his teachings, Eliyahu infuses spiritual inspiration from an evolved approach to Kabbalah. During his studies and work, Eliyahu discovered that cultivating true inner happiness enables one’s success to increase, and that money doesn’t lead to happiness.
Eliyahu’s lectures, one-on-one coaching sessions, seminars, and soul-readings have taken him around the world. His uniqueness is found in his talent to translate profound spiritual wisdom into practical advice that empowers people to live their happiest and most fulfilled existence.
Eliyahu’s passion for spirituality, happiness, and success continues today. As a co-founder of Vital Transformation, he touches the lives of thousands of people daily with free online classes devoted to helping people find their purpose in life and be their best.
Thank you for joining us! Can you share your backstory about what brought you to your specific career path?
My life hasn’t always been about being a life and spiritual coach to some of the wealthiest, most successful people on the planet. I was born in a poor neighborhood city in Israel. The tradition was that if you had any issue you would go to my grandfather, because we saw in Israel that everyone would go to him for blessings, removing diseases, or solving problems. He was like the guru of the grandchildren, the parents, the entire family and took care of everything. My mother was from an Orthodox-mystical Jewish background, while my father was an atheist. I grew up in a religious school, though I tried to rebel, trying not to believe in God or religion as much as I could. I tried to go against it, because on my father’s side which was the more laid-back side, they asked “why do you believe in it?” while my mother’s side practiced more simple forms of faith with no explanation. There was a lot of mixed messages and chaos. Then I met my master, and I saw how he treated his family, even though they were challenging a lot of times, he was still very kind to his family. I’ve met thousands of rabbis in my life, but I’ve never met a person who was able to maintain kindness while his family is not doing the same. That was a missing piece for me, a piece that I wanted in my life. He offered for me to come and study with him and to reach the next level, and that’s what I did!
Is there a particular book that made a significant impact on you? Can you share a story or explain why it resonated with you so much?
At 16, I came across two books, one was about astrology and one was about palm reading. I didn’t know that I had it in me, this psychic ability, even though I would know things before they happened. I didn’t register that it was a serious as it was. Then at 17, I started to practice more astrology and palm reading, becoming very skilled at it. This really opened my eyes to a larger world of spiritual possibilities, and I’ve been on a spiritual path ever since.
Many people have become anxious from the dramatic jolts of the news cycle. The fears related to the coronavirus pandemic have heightened a sense of uncertainty, fear, and loneliness. From your perspective, can you help our readers to see the “Light at the End of the Tunnel”? Can you share your “5 Reasons To Be Hopeful During this Corona Crisis”? If you can, please share a story or example for each.
- Rediscovering Your Happiness and Power: Disasters bring out the best in us, and the best in humanity. Disasters force us to be together, look within, spend more time together. They force us to look at what matters most, such as how we communicate with each other and the things we care about. Right now, we are responding in survival mode, but what kind of survival? Is it panic? Is it me, me, me at all costs? Our guided sessions at Vital Transformation, help people to understand that to have true happiness, one MUST give. I think this “crisis”, in an odd, and painful way is forcing us to look at who we are, who we want to be, and what matters most to us. It’s forcing us to rediscover ourselves as well as what makes us happy, and in doing so we are rediscovering our true inner power and sharing this with the world, little by little.
- The Power of True Friendship and Improving Relationships: This pandemic and our response to it stopped the world. It’s put us against a powerful force that’s scary and harmful to our existence and way of living. It’s taken away our sense of belonging, changed our traditions, habits, and our sense of community. In doing so, it helps us to look at our essence, who we are, and WHO (what people) are the most important in our lives. It makes us question, how do we treat the ones we love? What are our closest and most important relationships? Are we happy with our closest loved ones? How are they doing? What can I do better to be a better friend? What can I do to be a better partner, family member, and so on. These are very hard questions, but what is on the other side or rather the result of such pressured questions produces diamond-like friendships and relationships. In our guided sessions for beginners on Vital Transformation, we ask you to go there — to ask yourself “Am I a good friend? Are we happy in our relationship?”
- Find Deeper Meaning through Giving: So, do we feel happy hoarding or do we feel better giving? Do the guys who bought all the hand sanitizer to sell it at a higher price feel good about who they are or do they feel better about giving to the poor? True happiness is found through giving. My book, The Laughing Billionaire: How to Become Rich and Happy isn’t about how to become a billionaire (though that’s available too if you want it) — it’s about the pursuit of happiness. Happiness is only found through giving. Right now, in desperate situations, (and in normal circumstances, we rarely think about sharing. We think “Oh this is a catastrophe! I need! I need! I need!” Though on the flip side of that, I think a lot of people who are benefitting, growing, and improving the most right now under these difficult circumstances, are finding a way to look within to GIVE and help others. In doing so they find a deeper meaning in life and have immeasurable growth. Our organization, Vital Transformation has produced a series of videos to help guide people to this level of giving, happiness and personal growth. This is a time for learning, and these are available for you to start.
- Self-Acceptance: It’s forcing us to look at ourselves and the meaning of happiness. So you’re afraid, you’re scared, you’re anxious, the economy is tanking, you’re losing your net-worth, and you don’t know if things will get back to normal or if you’ll be sick, lose someone you love, or yourself. So you want to scream, and maybe you do, but what else can you do? It’s called acceptance. This means being aware of all of this, all of the noise, the hopelessness, the powerlessness, but making a decision to live with it. If you’re ready to grow as a person, you’re welcoming this into your heart instead of fighting or resisting it. Through accepting things you’re finding personal growth and that’s amazing.
- The Power of Certainty: “Whatever is happening to me is the best possible thing that could happen!” This concept is called the power of certainty. It’s more than “looking on the bright side of things” it’s more than believing, it’s being assured absolutely. This circumstance in life is forcing us to be more spiritual, not religious. It is a livewire to the spiritual connection we need as a people. The distance we have right now from each other is helping us to realize that this distance was a part of our existence for so long…so many years, and it’s time to change that. While this is so tragic and painful for so many people, physically, financially, emotionally and more, we can look at this in a different light and get rid of fear and doubt and leave that behind. We have the opportunity, as my book and guided sessions online say, to live a life of certainty.
From your experience or teachings, what are five steps that each of us can take to effectively offer support to those around us who are feeling anxious? Can you explain?
- Give. Practice Kindness. You’ll create miracles and find a happiness beyond your wildest dreams. The essence of giving helps other people feel supported and relieves anxiety. Giving helps create miracles for those who are desperate. Although, the reward of giving is that YOU receive a gift. The gift of happiness.
- Meditate. Give time to yourself. Love yourself to love others. Supporting others doesn’t come from someone who’s unstable or behaving wildly. People feel supported by those who are grounded, “meditative,” and composed. Meditation is a “spiritual” practice that helps us remain centered, aware, calm and present to help others.
- Practice forms of Spirituality. Being spiritual can be in small things. Meditation is just one form of spirituality. There are many other paths to becoming spiritual. Giving to others is spiritual. You don’t need to be rich or famous to be spiritual. It leads to happiness. Happiness leads to inner and external wealth. Again, spirituality leads to happiness, and people prefer and need to be around positive, grounded spiritual, happy people these days. For example, when you have a favorite restaurant, you go there because of the service and the food. Your waiters are usually very happy and positive. If they were negative, frowning, running around, screaming, and out of control you’d have a bad time and your dining experience wouldn’t be supported. When you’re practicing spirituality, you can be present for yourself and for others.
- Be Generous. What do I mean by this? Now is a time when many people are selfish. They’re seeking only what matters for themselves. When we are generous, we think about what is important for the greater good, how we can contribute as opposed to what we can take. In many ways it’s the golden rule. Love thy neighbor as thyself. So through this we make a decision to follow the rules, to not hoard, to see what others need, to check in on the elderly. To respect others, whether that’s by wearing a mask, maintaining physical distance, or respecting curfews or stay-at-home orders. This is a form of generosity.
- Love one another: The greatest gift you can give someone is love. The greatest support you can give is two things: your words “I love you” and your actions that prove it. This could be in the form of creating reminders to tell each other that we love each other no matter what. This can be by doing acts of kindness to show love to humanity, to strangers as well. This can be to look at another person and think, what can I do for this person who does not have what I have or could use what I have. Unselfishness, care, compassion, kindness…practicing these things on a daily basis is the truest form of love.
What are the best resources you would suggest to a person who is feeling anxious?
On our site vitaltransformation.org, we offer free beginners classes that can help ground you, get you out of yourself, and start thinking about how to be grounded, live with less fear, and contribute more to others in the stream of life. I encourage people to go there. Become a member and receive weekly videos on how to grow over time. We’ve recently released a video series based on the book “The Laughing Billionaire: How to Become Rich and Happy.” You can buy the book online and take our classes online for free. Each class has a meditation, then a personal challenge at the end to improve your life. On our website, too, we offer meditations, weekly classes, and for those of you who would like one on one sessions, you can connect with me directly at eliyahujian.com to schedule online Skype coaching which I have done for many years with my clients.
Some other methods to use right now: Discover your inner power. This can be accomplished by meditation, prayer, practicing generosity and kindness. And for anxiety, speaking to others, our friends, our partners, and our families is a fantastic way to build and strengthen our relationships.
Can you please give us your favorite “Life Lesson Quote”? Do you have a story about how that was relevant in your life?
“The proof is in the pudding.” Try taking the steps to be happy. Try being spiritual. Try the stuff. And create miracles. This is the perfect time to practice spirituality. To go deeper into yourself. Sometimes a lot of us are afraid to look within, to uncover the spiritual power we have. All I say is try it. What have you got to lose? On the flip side, imagine what you can gain. The proof is in the pudding. Try spiritual activities. Try giving. Try it.
As a person of great influence, if you could start a movement that would bring the most amount of good to the most amount of people, what would that be? You never know what your idea can trigger!
I have started a movement. Vital Transformation is a vessel for millions of people across the world who are seeking a life change, great happiness, the successor to better understand what’s happening with their place the world.
Vital Transformation empowers people to know when and how to make active changes, practice the art of acceptance, and to embrace the practice of actively participating in their own growth.
Vital Transformation doesn’t settle with less than the TRUTH. It is our purpose to provide the world with insights that are life-changing, harmonious, and positive — all within the context of step-by-step spiritual and personal growth and development.
What is the best way our readers can follow you online?
Please follow my free video series on vitaltransformation.org, as I offer teachings for everyone. You can also book private sessions with me, access my book, and view my world on social at the below links.