“In life if you are not giving and growing you are not living. I give back everyday by giving free life, fitness and healthy eating tips via social media in addition to attending charity events for amazing causes I believe in.”
I had the pleasure of interviewing Jason Rosell, a TV personality, celebrity lifestyle and wellness expert, and founder of Caliente Fitness. Jason has worked with Jillian Michael’s, Steve Harvey, and many more celebrities, appearing on daytime and reality television shows for many years. Jason has cultivated a global following fan base, helping people transform their lives with his wellness brand for both english and spanish audiences.
Thank you so much for doing this with us! What is your “backstory”?
It is my pleasure! Well, before becoming a TV personality and founder of my company “Caliente Fitness”, I was depressed, bullied and overweight for 20 years. Never in my past life would I think I am where I am today, and know what it takes to change mentally and physically. I thrive in making things work for anyone and do not believe in excuses as if I have helped transform the lives of 1000’s in person, online and on television for many years, I can do it with anyone. I give people the tools they need to live a happier and a more satisfying life. Although physical fitness is a very important component of a quality life, it is only one piece of the wellness pie.”
Can you share the funniest or most interesting story that happened to you in the course of your career?
I would have to say training and working out with Steve Harvey along with a group of mom’s front in front of a live audience while dancing to my sexercise music workout video program was by far the funniest time ever! I could not keep my composure half of the time as Steve would take each of my workout moves and make his own fun version of it!
How have you used your success to bring goodness to the world?
I give back everyday by giving free life, fitness and healthy eating tips via social media in addition to attending charity events for amazing causes I believe in. In life if you are not giving and growing you are not living.
If someone would want to emulate your career, what would you suggest are the most important things to do?
Have a specific goal. From there, write your ideas down, structure how you want to achieve them with a set a schedule of tasks you want to get done.
Having this type of organization has helped me for the long haul. It is time consuming but very well worth it for the long haul.
Is there a particular person that made a profound difference in your life to whom you are grateful? Can you share a story?
A special person in my life Jenifer Strauss thought me a few things that I learned and very grateful for. She thought me how to “read the room.” That simply means that before speaking to someone, or presenting a personal or work matter, learn what is happening in that moment with that person before expressing what you have in store for them. How? Simply ask or feel them out. Why is this important? Simply because that person or audience may not be prepared at that moment to listen and be attentive to you or your needs. It is best to wait for the right time as timing is everything if you want to present everything you want effectively to achieve what you would like.
So what are the most exciting projects you are working on now?
Currently I just released an amazing 12 week program “Mind Right Body Tight.” This helps people transform their life, mind and body to the best level of their life!
What are your “Top Five Ideas About How Influencers Can Monetize Their Brand” . (Please share a story or example for each.)
1) Always try and test out products from brands before you endorse them. When you do this, you are being honest with yourself and your audience as your audience trusts and believes in you. Many influencers will simply take any money and free products a brand sends them to post and try to sells on their social media accounts to make a quick buck not caring if their audience can truly benefit from the products. That is not the way to go for the long haul.
2) Only post 3–4 times a week max! This is specially on instagram. You do not want to post too much too soon. The reason being is that you are not giving your audience enough time to see your posts, and most importantly engage with them. This creates more value for your brand and other brands that may want to work with you.
3) Post things that will help or educate people. No matter if it is inspiration quotes, fitness, skin care or fashion tips, you must create content that others can see and utilize your tips to create a strong trusting brand.
4) Use stories daily. A lot of times people are so busy that they do not have time to go to your wall to see your latest post. Being that most social media platform’s offers stories, I highly recommend using that as it helps people stay in the loop with you 24–7.
5) Use the https://linktr.ee/ application as your main social media website link. This application lets you have multiple links on your profile giving your audiences several of options. Example, say you have a blog, product you are endorsing or a youtube channel, with this application, you can have all the links in just one destination.
Some of the biggest names in Business, VC funding, Sports, and Entertainment read this column. Is there a person in the world, or in the US whom you would love to have a private breakfast or lunch with, and why? He or she might just see this. :-)
The Ceo and founder of “Zumba”, Alberto “Beto” Perez. I love his global brand and how he has helped millions of people feel alive and in shape by dancing. Being that I also am the creator of dance workout videos that have appeared on television, I feel we would have a CALIENTE synergy together and possibly create a fun program for the world to enjoy and thrive on.
Amazon millionaire, author and business coach, Akemi Sue Fisher, has helped thousands of Amazon sellers scale and grow their businesses to six, seven and eight figures. She has quickly become one of the most trusted and sought after E-commerce consultants in the world. In only three years, her agency, Love & Launch, has helped her clients achieve over one billion dollars in sales through Amazon, Ebay and other e-commerce platforms. Her entrepreneurial spirit and direct approach continues to help elevate not only her success, but the success of her clients which range from startups to fortune 500 companies.