Female Disruptors: Why Rachel Pedersen Is The Ultimate Social Media #GirlBoss
From hair stylist to social media queen and coaching superstar. Rachel Pedersen shows you how to own your business and life.
A few things you can bet on if you‘re part of one of Rachel Pedersen’s inner circle trainings, it’s positivity, enthusiasm, motivation and a contagious spark of social media success. Let’s call it inbox smiles. She has the gift of sending frequent emails that are actually not annoying, super inspiring and make you want to sign up for more.
I caught up with Rachel in between her live streams, webinars, podcast and building her training for 2019. Here’s the scoop:
Her founding business ✨
Rachel is CEO of The Viral Touch, Social Media United and owns the domain The Queen of Social Media.
Home Base 🏠
A Mid-western girl at heart and home, she’s from Eden Prairie, Minnesota
What brought you to this specific career path? 🦄
The day my career as a social media manager began was surprising. I was working full-time as a hairstylist and a client came in for highlights. She started asking me about social media and was impressed by my knowledge of social media. It turns out she and her husband owned a fast food franchise. They hired me on the spot to support them in their marketing, and marketing took over my life — there was no going back!
When did the entrepreneur light bulb go off? 💡
The “entrepreneur” light bulb went off for me nearly a decade ago. When I used to work in the restaurant industry, I always dreamed of owning my own restaurant. When I worked as a hairstylist, I knew that I wanted to own my own salon someday. Being an entrepreneur was inevitably engrained in my being, it just took me about a decade to discover what that meant for me!
What advice would you give other women wanting to start a biz? 👯
Just do it. There has never been a better time, the resources have never been more accessible, and as a woman entrepreneur, opportunities are literally knocking at your door.
How do you bring goodness to the world? 🤗
I bring goodness, love, and light to the world by intentionally giving back. Last year we supported those affected by Hurricane Maria, supported 91 single moms with food and gifts for Christmas, and helped thousands of people to start their own business to discover freedom.
None of us are able to achieve success without some help or hurt or struggle along the way. Is there a particular person who you are grateful towards who helped get you to where you are? 😎
I cannot believe the level of generosity from the people who have supported me along my journey. One person who comes to mind is Kary Oberbrunner. His passion for helping people to write their books combined with the personal care he brought to my own journey of authorship has been a support that empowers me every single day!
What are your “5 Leadership Lessons I Learned From My Experience” and why? 🖐🏼
- You have to take BIG action every single day. Every single day you need to look at what you’re doing… Are you actually taking action that moves the needle? Or are you doing menial things that don’t impact your business’ growth? Make a “to do list” of your most crucial tasks that move the needle, and make sure each day you’re taking 2–3 big actions. Review at the end of each day, and check to see if you took action on the big things that mean BIG action.
- Ideas are not the key to success. Completion is everything. Have you ever heard someone talk about how the iPhone or the internet was THEIR great idea? The problem is that ideas are not unique or new — but rather it is completion what determines success.
- Be true to YOU and YOUR unique voice. The world doesn’t need a second rate version of Marie Forleo, Oprah Winfrey, Shonda Rhimes. The world needs YOU and YOUR voice. If you’re goofy, weird, nerdy, sarcastic — but 110% you. If you haven’t seen someone like you in the market before, that’s amazing! Allow this to be your unique proposition.
- Say yes before you’re ready. Spoiler alert: you will never feel ready. If you wait until you’re ready, you will never take action. Learn to say yes and LEARN/embrace the process, strategies, tactics you need to follow through as you go.
- Your business success is a mirror of your personal growth. I wish that business success and personal growth could be compartmentalized. It just doesn’t work that way! If you’re struggling in your business, it is absolutely related to your personal growth (or lack thereof).
Before you accept massive success, you’ll need to grow personally. Begin to look at your health, wellness, relationships, and finances — and you’ll see the reflection of growth in your business!
Favorite “Life Lesson Quote” ✒️
“The world will see you the way you see you, and treat you the way you treat yourself.” — Beyonce
Respect yourself. Love yourself. Enjoy yourself. Grow yourself.
Is there a person in the world whom you would love to have a private breakfast or lunch with, and why? 🥐
Easily Terry Crews or Kris Jenner. For very different reasons.
Secret Talent 💃
My feet are really really strong and flexible. I can hang clothes up, livestream, and even prepare food with my feet.
Zodiac Sign 🌟
Currently Reading? 📚
Million Dollar Coach by Taki Moore!
Social Media in Five Years ⏰
Even more immersive, intrusive, inclusive. I’m actually really excited about the future of social media.
Coffee Order? ☕️
Venti Cafe Americano with sugar free cinnamon dolce syrup with heavy whipping cream and a couple of ice cubes.
Favorite Instagram Account? 📷
Must-Have Technology? 💻
I’m obsessed with my portable chargers. I think I have 11 of them.
Favorite Way to Decompress? 😌
Mario Kart Battle on Nintendo Switch. I’m always Bowser Jr.
Women You Admire? 🚺
Blake Lively, Stacey Martino, Liane Moriarty, Lori Greiner, Beyonce.
Meet up with Rachel on Twitter @TheMrsPedersen🐦
“In the end, personal development leads to career development. Take initiative on your health and watch the other aspects of your life flourish as well,” Rachel reminds us.
Whether it’s building funnels or eating funnel cakes, Rachel owns the social media crown and wears it well.