Women in Wellness: Manifesting the life of your dreams with Jaclyn Johnston
As a part of my series about the women in wellness, I had the pleasure of interviewing Jaclyn Johnston author of “Don’t Feel Stuck!” and CEO of Manifest It!
I believe that people are here in order to make a bigger impact in the world — and with my book, ‘Make an Impact’, I had the chance to prove that hundreds of people are using their influence to improve other people’s lives.
As the founder of the Health Bloggers Community, my mission is to support people with growing their passion into a business — and so many women are building businesses empires all over the world.This series is a chance to spotlight some of these women
“You have to keep going no matter what because your end results outweigh your temporary mistakes.”
Jaclyn Johnston is the author of “Don’t Feel Stuck!”, CEO of Manifest It!, and assistant to the world-renowned physicists at the University of Texas at Arlington. Her focus is on teaching others how to build their self-esteem, transform their beliefs, and take soul-inspired actions in order to ManiFAST: Manifest Faster! She teaches thousands of people proven Law of Attraction methods paired with cognitive behavioral training through her books and online mentoring programs.
Thank you so much for doing this with us! What is your “backstory”?
I wrote the “Don’t Feel Stuck!” books and started mentoring people because I was suffering from anxiety and feeling hopeless about everything in my life. I spent most of my 36 years reacting and making decisions stemming from fear and worry. I decided to perform an experiment on myself in early 2017, and it totally worked! I was able to manifest 99% of all my life’s desires within 10 months through what I call Mastering ManiFASTing writing! I know if someone as stubborn and fearful as I was can learn how to shift their mindset system and manifest very quickly, then it’s definitely possible for everyone. I still have anxiety, but because of learning how to respond in empowering ways rather than emotionally reacting, I have taken control of both my mindset system and my life. I put everything I learned from my experiment in 2017 into my books and online mentoring programs for others to also master and be able to ManiFAST.
Can you share your top three “lifestyle tweaks” that you believe will help support people’s journey towards better wellbeing?
My top three lifestyle tweaks I believe help one on their journey toward better wellbeing are:
1) Understanding that the past only repeats itself if you choose to allow it to do so. This is because of your mental choices — what you choose to believe as real is the story you focus on. The Universe always operates with a boomerang effect in that it will always reflect back to you what you continually focus on and believe to be real.
2) Daily mindset writing helps to release what no longer serves you with your soul’s highest happiness. Releasing what is no longer needed, establishing newly empowering thoughts and beliefs, and writing out your new reality in the present all help to manifest your desires more quickly and with ease.
3) Be thankful each day for all the good things in life because the compound effect of gratitude mixed with taking soul-inspired actions to show the Universe what you truly want adds up to big, prosperous results.
Combining these three tweaks on a daily basis helps you to level up in your life quickly and with ease. You live a happier life, you feel more abundance and blessings, and the Universe’s boomerang effect reflects more of the same back to you quickly.
Can you share the most interesting story that happened to you since you started your career?
Through daily mindset journaling and setting my intentions, I successfully manifested 99% of all my life’s desires within 10 months and continue to manifest even more with rapid speed including:
- My manifestation story being featured on “The Secret” Stories website
- Meeting my icon and favorite mentor, Bruce Springsteen
- Being credited in a Hollywood short film narrated by Tilda Swinton and with music by George Lucas’s company
- Releasing $29,000 debt and my income continually growing
- After nine years of being fearful of men, manifesting real and authentic love with my true best friend and soulmate/twin flame within 10 months of being open to it
- A majorly positive shift in my work assisting world-renowned physicists
- Receiving a brand-new car of my choosing for free
Can you share a story about the biggest mistake you made when you were first starting? Can you tell us what lesson you learned from that?
About four months into my business, I made a $2,000 investment into a digital coach. Unfortunately, the sales pitch gave the illusion of way more than I thought I was going to receive. It took me a long time to mentally move on from it because I was already in so much debt at the time. What I learned from it was that in everything you do in your business and in your life, you’re going to make mistakes. It’s part of the process of growing, learning, and leveling up in both your business and in your life.You have to keep going no matter what because your end results outweigh your temporary mistakes.
Everything you experience that is challenging is actually a learning lesson to help you gain clarity and wisdom on your journey.
In the words of Albert Einstein, “Failure is success in progress.” I remember his words each time I feel like I’m having a “setback”, but it’s really just part of the progress of success because I choose to view it this way.
When it comes to health and wellness, how is the work you are doing helping to make a bigger impact in the world?
Everything stems from your brain. Sometimes people forget how much your brain is responsible for every aspect of your body’s ability to function accordingly with Mother Nature, including your heart’s functioning. What I’m doing is teaching souls to embrace their magical manifesting organ, learn how to harness their true mindset power and create success beyond their unimaginable dreams.
It does not matter where you came from, how you were treated in the past or how you feel about yourself right now in the present.
I’m here to help you unleash your manifesting mojo by guiding you to empower your beautiful self, realize your unwavering worth and kick it all up into high gear to start living your life by your own terms and being happy, successful and abundant in everything you do!
None of us are able to achieve success without some help along the way. Is there a particular person who you are grateful towards who helped get you to where you are? Can you share a story about that?
Yes! I’ve had a few people help me along my entrepreneurial journey: my amazing book editor, Melis Therrien; my business coach, Olivia Charlet; my business coach, Katrina Ruth from The Katrina Ruth Show; my business coach, Coach Nick from Freedompreneurs Club; and many more. I truly feel so many of us have beautiful gifts to share with others not only to gain knowledge around entrepreneurship but also to guide us along the way.
Most recently, Coach Nick was super helpful to me because his coaching breaks down the “how” of each step in building your online mentoring business. So many coaches preach to act from your soul, and while this is definitely true, there is also a strategy involved in growing your business. He simplifies the “how,” is there for you each step of the way and is so giving in everything he does in his mentoring. I am truly thankful to him and to everyone else who has helped and continues to help me even today.
If you could start a movement that would bring the most amount of wellness to the most amount of people, what would that be?
My movement would be to ensure that the practice of improving mental health is recognized in an even more positive light and for everyone to have access to mental healthcare in an affordable way, because truly your quality-of-life starts with your mental health.
There is so much focus in the media about how people become mentally ill and cause harm in some way, whether it’s to themselves or to others. If we spent as much energy on the benefits of practicing good mental health hygiene as we do on the negative effects of neglecting it, we could really start helping one another in an empowering and positive way all around the world.
Many countries look to the United States to lead, and I really want positive mental health hygiene to be embraced with normalcy and for everyone to be able to have equal access to it without it costing so much for the average household. It’s completely disheartening so many souls cannot afford good mental healthcare while being able to sustain a living. If I could start a movement to bring the most amount of wellness to the most amount of people, this would definitely be my soul’s purpose-work.
What is your “3 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Started” and why?
3 Things I wish someone told me before I started Manifest It! are:
1) The more you compare yourself to other people’s success the more it only slows down your own success. This is because you aren’t focusing on gratitude with a daily compound effect. No one becomes successful overnight, so please cut yourself some slack and stop comparing your entrepreneurial journey to other people’s journeys. You are right here in this very moment for a reason, and this reason is helping you to receive your success if you so choose to trust the process and be open to any and all blessings that are coming into your life.
2) Acknowledging and celebrating all your positive moments along the way. I cannot stress how important it is to not expect Hollywood moments when it comes to your success. Your success is built up over time with the compound effect. This does not mean you cannot receive success quickly; you most definitely can. The Universe reflects back to you what you believe to be possible, so be thankful for all of your steps along the way and embrace each and every positive moment as a successful moment. Forward-moving steps each day add up to big results, and it can happen quickly. Be open to the “how” and “when”, and watch how fast it comes to you for you!
3) Pace yourself and have a “back-to-basics” plan. Being an entrepreneur, odds are you are a total go-getter and over-achiever. It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle of it all, and then you are all of a sudden so exhausted that you aren’t even sure how you ended up this way. I like to have a “back-to-basics” blueprint so that way when I do take on new projects, I am still sticking to my core business model, regardless of whether or not my new projects pan out. For example, what is my main message to souls all over the world? I teach them how to release their fears and ManiFAST by shifting their limiting thoughts and beliefs. If I didn’t have my main business’s blueprint firmly set in place, I could easily get caught up in all the distractions in the entrepreneurial world. By having a core blueprint in place, it helps keep you on track as you grow your empire.
Do you have a “girl-crush” in this industry? If you could take one person to brunch, who would it be?
If I could take one “girl-crush” to brunch, it would most definitely be Shirley Manson from the band Garbage! She is unapologetic in her truth, completely creative in her musical ways to inform the world of the issues of mental illness and doesn’t shy away from standing up for others’ well-being. She is involved in many organizations for cancer research, is the ambassador for the MAC AIDS Fund, fights for animal rights and is involved in other charities.
She is an advocate for mental health, and I especially appreciate that she is open and honest with her own lessons from her past struggles. To me, this is an extremely beautiful thing: being 100% transparent in your truth and never giving up in life. She is the meaning of authentic strength and beauty, not to mention a total rockstar. Yeah, I would most definitely love to meet her!
Sustainability, veganism, mental health and environmental changes are big topics at the moment. Which one of these causes is dearest to you, and why?
Mental health is incredibly dear to me because without having a happy and healthy mindset, you cannot even begin to positively influence any of the other causes mentioned in the above.