It’s a great day to love Alpaca. It always is — but today you can turn your love of Alpaca into swag by joining the all-new Alpaca Ambassadors program!
The Ambassador program will be open to all (yay!). To join and become an Ambassador, at any level, you’ll need to fill out this Typeform, meet all requirements described for the level, and possess an Alpaca paper account. If confirmed, you’ll start to receive different kinds of swag based on what level of Ambassador you are — varying from stickers to custom Alpaca hoodies, t-shirts, mugs, stuffed alpacas and more! To level up (past Level 1), fill out the corresponding “Level Up” Typeform (links in FAQ).
Sound good? Start applying here!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What’s an engagement?
A “community engagement” can be anything where you’re interacting with another Alpaca Community member or informing someone else about Alpaca technology. This can take the form of Q&A in Alpaca community Slack, hosting a Meetup, or answering a question on a forum like Alpaca community forum, StackOverflow, Reddit, et cetera.
How do I get to the next Ambassador level?
Fill out the corresponding “Level Up!” Typeform. You’ll have to share the content that you created or specify which engagements you participated in, but it’s shorter than the initial start up form (no address, etc!).
- Level 2: https://bit.ly/ambassadors-2
- Level 3: https://bit.ly/ambassadors-3
- Level 4: https://bit.ly/ambassadors-4
- Level 5: https://bit.ly/ambassadors-5
Level 1 Requirements:
- Membership in the Alpaca Slack Community
- Alpaca paper account
- “Follow” Alpaca on Twitter
- “Like” Alpaca’s page on Facebook
- “Follow” Alpaca on LinkedIn
- Star the AlpacaHQ GitHub repository
- One+ community engagement (see above)
Level 2 Requirements:
All of the requirements from Level 1 and…
- One+ post about Alpaca technology on social media (Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn)
- Five+ community engagements (see above)
Level 3 Requirements:
All of the requirements from Level 2 and…
- Write a blog post that incorporates Alpaca technology and submit it to the Automation Generation publication on Medium.
- OR Post (and share!) an original video to YouTube that incorporates Alpaca technology.
Level 4 Requirements:
All of the requirements from Level 3 and…
- Refer a friend to Alpaca*
- Ten+ community engagements (see above)
Level 5 Requirements:
All of the requirements from Level 4 and…
- Refer five+ friends to Alpaca*
- Twenty+ community engagements (see above)
- Write / submit open source code to AlpacaHQ GitHub repository
*Must sign up for an Alpaca paper account to be counted as a referral.
Staying an Ambassador
If you want to remain an Ambassador, you’ll have to log into your Alpaca dashboard and engage with the community or Alpaca content at least once per quarter. You’ll be given one pass, but the second time it happens you will no longer be an Ambassador. If you’d like to return to the program, you’ll have to start from the beginning and work your way back up (old engagements will not be counted towards your new progress).
Technology and services are offered by AlpacaDB, Inc.
The Paper Trading API is offered by AlpacaDB, Inc. and does not require real money or permit a user to transact in real securities in the market. Providing use of the Paper Trading API is not an offer or solicitation to buy or sell securities, securities derivative or futures products of any kind, open a brokerage account or any type of trading or investment advice, recommendation or strategy, given or in any manner endorsed by AlpacaDB, Inc. or any AlpacaDB, Inc. affiliate and the information made available through the Paper Trading API is not an offer or solicitation of any kind in any jurisdiction where AlpacaDB, Inc. or any AlpacaDB, Inc. affiliate is not authorized to do business.