We wanted to provide some updates, including activities and milestones spanning the month of June 2019. June was an intense month for us, and we are excited to share just a few tidbits of news.
1. We opened an office in New York
We opened our official headquarters in NYC. This will be our second expansion out of our current offices at Cornell University and San Francisco, and our first major relocation (to be opened on July 15th). This is an important milestone as it will fast-track our expansion and partnerships for the rest of the year.
2. Come work with us
We continued expanding the team, and upgraded recruiting on all fronts. We are looking for talented engineers, product managers, business development managers, sales people, UI/UX design, and many others. Positions available both in New York and San Francisco!
Drop us a line at email@example.com!
3. Facebook announced “Libra”, a cryptocurrency based on the “Hotstuff” paper authored by AVA Labs Chief Protocol Architect — Maofan “Ted” Yin
Read more about the topic in the links below.
The Libra whitepaper recently released by Facebook has attracted continuous attention from experts and technologists in a wide array of fields. The Libra website mentions that the Libra blockchain will use the LibraBFT consensus algorithm, and that LibraBFT is a variant of HotStuff … So, what is this algorithm called HotStuff?
Feel free to take a look at the HotStuff paper below:
Binance Research Overview of Libra:
4.1 Common Knowledge Bites event in Palo Alto
4.2 IC3 BootCamp
An immersive weeklong coding and learning experience in Cryptocurrencies, Blockchains and Smart Contracts with world-leading professors, open source architects, scientists, engineers, developers, and students took place from June 10 — June 16.
4.3 Hashing It Out Podcast with Emin Gün Sirer
4.4 Interview @ Deconomy
4.5 AMA @ Trustory
4.6 Interview with Naomi Brockwell
Please join AVA’s social channels to stay up-to-date with our progress.
▪ Website: https://avalabs.org/
▪ Whitepaper: https://avalabs.org/snow-avalanche.pdf
▪ Twitter: https://twitter.com/avalabsofficial
▪ Telegram: https://t.me/avacoin_official
▪ Telegram announcement: https://t.me/AVA_announcements
▪ Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ava-labs
▪ Discord: https://discord.gg/99XZqMH
▪ Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ava
▪ Medium: https://medium.com/avalabs
▪ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvaLabsOfficial
▪ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/AVAofficial