Change Log v0.1 to v0.2
Here are the changes I have made to the Avata rules system
- Avatum are now called Agents.
- Character Creation: The World Lattice now grants a Core Domain to the Agent, not to the Avatar for that Reality. Agents get a +3 dice to their Core Domain in this Reality. Core Domain bonus trumps any Domain elevation dice. Agents are given 5 points to distribute at creation using elevation rules.
- Actions: You can now take a Physical or a Metaphysical (non-physical) action, but not both. Physical actions focus on the Avatar and can use Talents, Traits, Treasure and one Domain. Metaphysical actions focus on the Agent and can use up to 3 Domain. Both can use up to one Charged Word per Agent in the Avatar. You must pay Attunement for each Domain Die added to a pool.
- Combat: The Dice Pool Base has been raised from 3 to 5. Player Combat Damage is now has a Base equal to the number of dice in your pool. Overflow damage is added as a bonus to Base equal to half of any points above the threshold. Defense can be either Physical or Metaphysical. Standard dice pool rules apply to each type of defense.
- Conducting a Reading: Readings have changed significantly in this version. We have removed the Gin Rummy mechanic. Now the reading is a personal Lattice. It uses the same 3 x 3 grid of cards as the World Lattice in character creation. All cards are face up. The center card does not move. All other cards can move to any position around the center. The goal is to make as many melds as possible in any straight line, like Tic Tac Toe. A meld here is a pair, 3 of a kind, 3 flush, 3 straight, and 3 straight flush. Points are awarded for each meld, totaled, then distributed to as many words as the player wants to Charge.
- Dice Mechanic: the ‘Ace’ die in the 1 position CANNOT be used to wrap a straight, ex: 3,2,1,12,11
- Transference: Jumping to a non-hostile non-willing target requires a Presence roll above a chosen threshold.