Where do disruptive startups, tech savvy entrepreneurs, and cloud computing gurus gather to exchange ideas, learn about the latest tech, and stay out past their bedtime? Vegas baby! We can’t wait for AWS re:Invent, which is now less than a month away: October 6–9 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
There are literally hundreds of events and sessions going on during re:Invent week so we wanted to share a simple checklist of startup-focused activities that are not to be missed:
1. Visit the AWS Startup Pavilion
Swing by the AWS Startup Pavilion within re:Invent Central (booth 1062) and meet the AWS startup team, mingle with other startups, chat 1:1 with an AWS architect, and learn about AWS Activate.
[Tuesday — Thursday]
2. Join Startups on the Pub Crawl
Back by popular demand, join your fellow AWS Startups at the Rockhouse within The Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian. This is the place to be for free food, drinks, and networking during the Wednesday night re:Invent pub crawl.
3. Attend a startup session hosted by Amazon.com CTO Dr. Werner Vogels
Thursday afternoon is packed with startup sessions you wont want to miss:
- Before Werner takes the stage you can join venture capitalists as they share insights and observations about the global startup ecosystem in the Startup Insights from a Venture Capitalists Perspective session.
- The Startup Scene in 2016 session features Werner Vogels moderating a diverse panel of technology experts who’ll discuss emerging trends all startups should be aware of.
- In the CTO-to-CTO Fireside Chat session, Werner gets into the mindsets of technical leaders behind some of the most progressive and innovative startups in the world.
- Finally, at the 4th Annual Startup Launches event you can watch four AWS-powered startups launch their companies on stage, followed by a Q&A with Werner. This session will be immediately followed by a happy hour with free stacks and drinks.
4. Participate in the re:Invent Mobile Game App
Be a player all week by participating in the re:Invent Mobile Game App. Attend startup activities at re:Invent, including stopping by the Startup Pavilion and the Startup Pub Crawl, for a chance to win cool prizes!
Can’t Make It to Vegas?
Not to worry, if you’re in New York or the San Francisco Bay Area, you’re in luck as we’ll be hosting free re:Invent activities & viewing parties at one of our AWS Pop-up Lofts. Outside of Vegas, NYC, or San Francisco, you’ll still be able to be part of the re:Invent action by watching one of the live streams which you can sign up for here.
We look forward to sharing the re:Invent startup experience with you!
AWS Startup Team