Axie Holiday Event!
- We’ve introduced holiday-themed limited edition skins.
- The deadline for breeding these skins is January 21st.
- Axies must be morphed to ADULT in order for their Holiday Skins to be “locked in”. Please make sure to morph your Axies with Holiday Skins to adult by then.
Seasons greetings from the Axie Infinity team!
It’s been an incredible year and to cap it off, we’re introducing a new mechanic that we believe our community will love.
So far, our community has been breeding towards great battlers, “pure” Axies, and new body shapes.
While this has been great, we wanted to add a mechanic that allows our players to breed Axies that cannot be replicated in the future.
Limited Edition Skins
To achieve this, we’ve decided to test a new feature that introduces “limited edition parts”.
- These parts will have the same stats as existing Axie parts but will have unique, time-limited skins.
- The first editions of these parts will be holiday-themed and will be breedable for the next month. Once the deadline passes, these parts will never be breedable again!
- There are 6 Holiday-themed skins! These parts will be inheritable until the deadline. Who’ll be the first to breed a full Holiday Axie?
This means that current players will have a cool memento of the first Axie Holiday season — something to show off to future generations of Axie holders. Over time, these parts will get rarer and rarer.
How to Breed Holiday Axies
The first Holiday skin can be unlocked by breeding ZigZag(mouth) + Nut Cracker (Ears) onto the same Axie. This is an alternate skin for ZigZag.
The Second Holiday skin can be unlocked by breeding Little Peas(eyes) onto a bug Axie. This is an alternate skin for Little Peas.
The third Holiday skin can be unlocked by breeding Innocent Lamb (ear) and Merry (horn) onto the same Axie. This is an alternate skin for Innocent Lamb.
The fourth Holiday skin can be unlocked by breeding Strawberry Shortcake (horn) and Snake Jar (tail) onto the same Axie. This is an alternate skin for Snake Jar.
The fifth Holiday Skin can be unlocked by breeding Garish Worm onto a White Axie.
The sixth Holiday skin can be unlocked by breeding Feather Spear onto an Axie with the “Wet Dog” body shape.
Please note that in order for the Holiday Skin to appear, the offspring must possess both of the required traits. For example, in order for “Rudolph”, the Holiday Skin for Zigzag to appear, an Axie must be born with both ZigZag and Nutcracker.
Axies must be morphed to ADULT in order for their Holiday Skins to be “locked in”. Please make sure to morph your Axies with Holiday Skins to adult by then.
Imagine a future where PVE (player vs. environment) encounters have monsters that are vulnerable to a certain body part or skin variant. Will there be a “Grinch” Boss next Holiday season which takes increased damage from Holiday parts?
Axie Infinity is a digital pet community, founded upon the vision of delivering true gameplay and utility to the decentralized gaming space.
For more information please join the conversation on our Discord or follow us on Twitter. Also, remember to clap and share if you like this content.
Axie Infinity: https://axieinfinity.com