Bringing Cybersecurity Back to 1985.
Back in the 1980s and 1990s, cybersecurity was easy. Work consisted of PCs connected to networks through a cable. There were no smartphones, BYOD only meant something at fraternity parties, and IoT was science fiction. It was a simpler time. There was no way we could have foreseen the huge changes in the way we work, and the way attackers target corporate information.
And although the word “cybersecurity” alone evokes images of futuristic technology like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Big Data, at Axonius we are taking a decidedly retro approach to solving cybersecurity’s biggest challenge: knowing which devices are accessing corporate information, and understanding whether those devices are secure.
From Seed to Launch in Six Months
Just six months after announcing our seed round, today we’ve announced the general availability of our Cybersecurity Asset Management Platform to enable customers to see and secure all devices. With over 100,000 devices already managed at early customers worldwide, today’s announcement marks the official availability of the platform in advance of the world’s largest cybersecurity conference, the RSA Conference 2018 held in San Francisco.
By easily integrating with customers’ existing management and security technologies and using an extensible plugin infrastructure to add custom logic, customers are able to get a unified view of all devices — both known and unknown. Starting with the most commonly used management and security products, the Axonius Cybersecurity Asset Management Platform gathers data from identity and authentication solutions, network solutions like NAC, firewalls, vulnerability scanners, and switches, agent-based device management products, security solutions like SIEM, and EDR, and device-specific management products like MDM, IoT, container, and OS-specific products to see all details about devices from all angles.
“We have several global customers already, and we hear the same three things every time we start a POC,” said Axonius CEO and Co-Founder Dean Sysman.
- Simplicity — our customers don’t want to install yet another agent, and they don’t want a 6-month professional services engagement. Simplicity is the only answer if you are solving complex, time-constrained problems that have evolved over decades. That’s why we’ve built our platform to connect to existing management systems.
- Speed — The faster organizations can answer questions about devices and their security, the faster they can act. We think the same way about customer value — if they aren’t able to get value right away, you are wasting their time.
- Visibility in Context — It’s not enough to answer the questions around the number of devices by just exporting a list of IP addresses. Organizations need to understand the type of device, what software and versions are resident, which systems manage it, and how the device fits into the overall security policy.
Our goal is to give full visibility into all devices, letting customers then ask interesting questions to take automated action. A common example is finding new devices that should be scanned by a vulnerability assessment tool. Using the Axonius platform, those devices can be discovered automatically and can inform the VA scanner to add the new devices to the next scheduled scan. By connecting the siloed systems together, we can go beyond visibility into control and security.”
Three easy ways to see the platform in action:
- Get a demo — Sign up here and we’ll schedule a call. Easy.
- Watch the 2 and a half minute video — Get an overview in less than three minutes.
- Come see us at RSA Conference — We’ll be at the RSA Conference 2018 with 50,000 of our closest friends. We’re in the early stage expo, booth #3.
Side note: if you’re headed to the RSA Conference, we’ve complied a list of RSA 2018 parties here.
We’re excited to see what’s possible when companies have a unified view of all devices.