AZTEC Protocol is pleased to announce the conclusion of the largest MPC setup in history.
With participation from across the globe, the ceremony provides the ultimate proof of non-collusion, and therefore the integrity of the AZTEC CRS
Run over the BN-254 curve, the AZTEC CRS comprises 100 million points, and will underpin technologies powering both privacy and scaling on Ethereum and other infrastructures.
The AZTEC CRS is an open-source asset for the Web3.0 community. We invite you to check its consistency for yourself.
- 📝 600 sign-ups
- ✅ 202 participants ran the software — of which 176 were valid
- 🌎 Participants from 105 cities across 41 countries
- 🕵️ 30 participants stayed incognito
- ⚙ 2 implementations of the MPC software
- 💼 Leaders from 6 major blue-chip financial / technology companies
- ♢ Leaders from 2 major blockchain infrastructures
- 🔒Leaders from 3 blockchain custody companies
- 🕑 The public phase of the ceremony ran for 32 days
- ⌛ Average compute time was 3 hours 20 mins
- ⚡ Fastest compute time was Participant 105 from an undisclosed location in 13 mins 8 seconds
Prize for Dedication
This goes jointly to:
- Vitalik Buterin (Participant 0) for making his own Python implementation of the AZTEC MPC, and running it for two days
- TQ Tezos (in particular Michael Klein and Jacob Arluck). Running the ceremony on an air-gapped computer, they went to exceptional lengths to document the process, and destroyed their entropy in spectacular style:
From the 105 cities that participated, 23 fielded more than one participant (30 participants did not disclose their whereabouts).
From the 41 countries that participated, 21 fielded more than one participant
What’s Next for AZTEC?
Confidential transactions on Ethereum are launching this month!
- ✅ 2 audits completed (Trail of Bits & ConsenSys Diligence)
- ✅ Ceremony finished
- ✅ Codex computation finished this week
- → Deploy to Mainnet January 2020
Want Early Access?
We’re letting a limited number of dapps get access to API Keys for Free AZTEC Transactions, which you will be able to use on mainnet from this month (January 2020).
Thanks to all our participants
By contributing to the ceremony, you have contributed to the security of an important open-source cryptographic asset, vital to the privacy and scaling of blockchain systems.
As a token of our appreciation we’ll be sending you a commemorative t shirt and will confirm shipping details with you this month.
AZTEC is a scaleable privacy network on Ethereum — we enable easy integration of privacy for developers, so you can get on and build your dapp whilst safeguarding your users’ important transaction data.
Join the Team
We’re on the lookout for talented engineers and applied cryptographers. If joining our mission to bring scalable privacy to Ethereum excites you — get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.