We’re Hiring: Senior Engineers
Aztec is the open, programmable privacy network on Ethereum.
We’re hiring two senior engineers to join our world-class crypto-engineering team.
With DeFi networks exploding and fast-maturing, we’re building the Layer 2 network for next-gen payments on this base of new-world capital, building cryptosystems to serve millions of unbanked people around the world.
Who Are We?
We’re the force behind PLONK— the dominant standard in zkSNARK cryptography invented by our Chief Scientist and CTO in August 2019. Our proving system sits at the heart of Halo 2, the upcoming Zcash upgrade, as and other scaling / privacy networks.
Now, our world-class team is hiring for two senior engineers to scale our protocol, so we can take the fight to traditional payments networks.
We’re a team of 8, based in London 🇬🇧 but we’re happy to hire globally — in fact our Chief Scientist lives in Poland 🇵🇱, and one of our Cryptography Engineers lives in India 🇮🇳.
What’s Aztec Building in 2021?
We’ve built scalable privacy in 2020 — our next milestones are:
- 📈 Improving native DeFi support in Aztec
- 🔐 Implementing biometric verification proofs
- 🌪 Increasing our throughput to match the traditional card networks
What’s the Tech?
Here’s what is in the stack:
- C++ for the core cryptography library (Rust is being introduced)
- Solidity for our Ethereum based smart contracts
- TypeScript for all higher level code (jest, koa, ethers, react)
- WebAssembly builds of our crypto library for in browser operability
- Terraform for defining all infrastructure on AWS
- CircleCI pipeline developed for all builds and deployments
What Background Should You Have?
We’re totally open-minded — the most talented people in this industry come from all academic and social backgrounds. Knowledge of cryptography and mathematics is certainly not required, but may be an advantage.
But as a guide only, here’s a sketch of a likely candidate for this role:
- Comfortable building algorithms, data structures and systems level programming, etc
- 10+ years solid engineering experience
- Fluent in implementing automated testing of mission critical code
- Strong focus on code quality and simplicity
- Expert in the art of reducing system complexity
- Full-stack expertise, but with a focus on backend architecture, development and deployment at scale
- Cloud compute experience, ideally AWS
Few of these are hard requirements — but what we certainly want is:
- Ability to manage and provide feedback to PRs from less senior engineers
- Someone who enjoys mentoring others
- A passion for Web3
What’s the Offer?
- Highly competitive compensation package (including equity)
- Remote working friendly
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Opportunity to work with Aztec’s world-class cryptography and engineering teams
- Work at the cutting edge of blockchain and decentralised fintech
Please email tom [at] aztecprotocol [dot] com with your CV.
Read Up on Roll Ups!
Find out more about what we are building and Aztec here