wBAN — 1 Year Anniversary
Check below for a NFT airdrop for dedicated wBAN monkeys!
Time flies, monkeys!
I can’t believe a year already went through.
So many things happened since wBAN was launched on Binance Smart Chain in June 5, 2021(still can’t get used to calling it BNB Chain).
Quick recap of what’s happened in the past 12 months:
- 2021–07: wBAN on PoolTogether (thanks to Oops)
- 2021–09: wBAN on Polygon
- 2021–10: wBAN first NFT airdrop
- 2021–11: wBAN hacked and fixed then investigations on the hacker identity
- 2021–12: wBAN 6 month anniversary with two airdrops
- 2022–01: my experience working on wBAN helped me find a new job!
- 2022–02: Easy swaps from inside the app
- 2022–03: wBAN on Fantom, wBAN dApp v2 aka one app to rule them all! (wrap.banano.cc)
- 2022–04: wBAN farms available on Zapper
- 2022–05: wBAN protocol upgraded with new feature, wBAN available on Sablier (thanks to mconstant), Discord bot command (!farm, thanks to Majic)
Special thanks to:
- Yekta: managing the DeFi dev fund, providing helpful suggestions, challenging UX, …
- Iazid: challenging me and helping a lot lately on the articles
- Tigwyk & CryptoJitsu for their wBAN videos
- SoggyApplePie, Phantoad & Ryūjin for all the lovely NFT designs
- Whiteflag for all the translated articles
- You, my dear monkey: so many good monkeys willing to help each other and challenge the app for more
Where do we stand right now? 5k holders and 52M wBAN (across all networks).
It’s been a busy year, and you can expect lots of new things by the next anniversary! ;)
Users who linked their BAN wallet with their associated BSC, Polygon or Fantom wallets have been airdropped this NFT (snapshot taken on Jun 5, 2022 at 1:32PM UTC):
If you did the bridge setup for all networks, you’ll get 2 of those NFTs, otherwise only 1.
No new mints will be done for this NFT.
Don’t forget to claim your airdrop within the next 6 months!
Details of the airdrop:
- 3819 users registered in a single bridge, will get 1 NFT each
- 252 users registered in all bridges, will get 2 NFTs each
Where to find, claim & trade these NFTS?
To easily find all your current NFT and to claim the ones you’ve been airdropped, you can go to this wBAN page: wrap.banano.cc/nft
If you have the yellow box with the “Grab Them” button, you are eligible for the airdrop.
You will need a very small amount of MATIC to claim them. Ask in #wrapped-banano channel in the Discord Server for a monkey willing to trade some BAN for MATIC if you need.
You can trade all the NFTs in OpenSea: https://opensea.io/collection/wban
If you own a NFT you can decide to sell it and make a listing with a price of your choosing.
If you are interested in a NFT, you can make offers to those having it or buy from available listings. If you don’t have ETH on Polygon, you can wrap some BAN and swap them through SushiSwap.
What is wBAN?
wBAN is short for Wrapped Banano. The main idea is that you wrap your Banano as wBAN tokens, and unwrap wBAN tokens back to Banano crypto. This allows you to use a representation of Banano on other networks! wBAN is currently available on the Binance Smart Chain, Polygon and Fantom. See wBAN FAQ for more details.
wBAN was created to connect Banano to the wider smart-contracts / DeFi ecosystem. We love seeing monkeys learning and participating in DeFi, and we welcome new users coming on board Banano!
What the Fork is Banano?
Banano is a cryptocurrency powered by DAG technology disrupting the meme economy. Yes, Banano has memes! Also feeless and near-instant transactions, free & fair distribution and a highly active community, and active technical development!