Early Access launches today: What’s new since beta, a crate giveaway, and a new bounty campaign!
Attention, racers: Early Access is now LIVE!
Starting today, you can play online and race with other players in real time with car parts that you own. There is no limit to the number of players who can join. All you need to do sign up through this form.
You will also be eligible to join our crate giveaway if you register on or before the cut-off date at December 20, 2019. All winners will be drawn randomly after the cut-off date. Prizes include crates which will contain Prime Edition car parts:
- Five (5) Gold crates
- Ten (10) Silver crates
- Twenty (20) Bronze crates
- Fifty (50) Wood crates
Where to play
We are releasing a standalone, web version that is separate from the Decentraland build and publicly available for all of you until Decentraland is out of beta. After registration, you can start playing Battle Racers through this link:
What’s new since the previous version
We had our second closed multiplayer beta last June 2019, and since then we’ve added new features and made several improvements. However, please take note that as an Early Access build, it is still a work in progress with bugs and non-final art.
Here are the patch notes:
- Added support for upcoming Season 1 cars (crate sale will be launching on December 2 - more details here)
- Added background music and sound effects for the user interface and race animations
- Rebalanced weapons, including an updated shield type that can withstand two hits but with a longer cooldown
- Updated several UI such as the new loading screen, race results screen, a shield HP indicator, and functionality for changing your display name
- Reworked race completion to sync with a car crossing the finish line
- Fixed several bugs such as allowing players to join an ongoing race and font-compatibility issues
How to play
Upon visiting the website and launching the game, you will immediately see an arena shaped like a giant car. Use the WASD keys and your mouse to walk in the virtual world. Inside the arena you’ll find two multiplayer tracks and a garage kiosk where you can pre-select your loadout. On the upper right corner, you will be able to change your display name. We suggest using your Discord username for other players to easily find you.
Play for free on our practice tracks with car parts that you have bought from our previous pre-sales. Competitive tracks which require entry fees and rewards will be added in a future release. If you don’t own any parts yet, you can play using a practice car. You can also purchase parts from other players at the OpenSea marketplace!
Joining a race:
- You can race against AI or other players
- Approach the track and click the Play button on the podium
- Select your car and weapon loadout
- Click the JOIN button to enter the race
- Click the Skill icons to use your weapons
- Skills have a cooldown timer after each use
You can also check out the Battle Racers FAQs on our website.
To celebrate our launch and in preparation for our Season 1 sale next week, we are having another bounty campaign on November 25 to December 20, 2019 to reward the best content created by our community with a grand total of 10 ETH worth of crates!
Follow all these steps in order to qualify:
What an exciting month it’s going to be! And with Season 1 coming up, you’ll be able to purchase new crates and unlock new car parts which you can immediately use in the game!
Follow us here on Medium and join us on Discord for real-time updates. And please clap or share if you like this article. See you in the game!
Battle Racers: https://battleracers.io