Parts trading update: Road bumps, fixes, and upcoming CryptoKitties event
Parts trading has been live on OpenSea for more than two weeks, and as of this posting there are over 1,800 parts up for sale! This includes bundles for complete Legendary sets and limited edition car parts from our Axie Infinity crate sale last June.
We have been continuously optimizing the whole trading experience, accommodating suggestions from our community (hint: new borders!), and making improvements as we address some hiccups we’ve had along the way.
What were the issues that happened at launch?
- Instead of launching at 10PM GMT+8 as originally planned, deployment of the parts trading update took longer than expected due to schema migration, which needed to be applied to all existing data.
- The OpenSea page had some minor issues such as incorrect part descriptions (which were displayed as the dev names) and missing tags for Elite parts.
- On the Battle Racers website, the market parts tab did not reflect successful trades done in OpenSea.
- We were unable to announce beforehand that 1) we only currently support one by one transfers to the Ethereum main network (instead of multiple items), and 2) only the MetaMask wallet is currently supported.
All of these issues are now fixed, however the major issue for most people was the missing MetaMask confirmation when transferring parts for trading.
Stuck parts when transferring to OpenSea
A frequent issue during parts trading was that the MetaMask prompt did not always appear after starting the transfer from the Loom sidechain to the Ethereum main network, causing parts to get stuck. Here’s what’s been happening:
- We have listeners that watch for blockchain transfer events, and we’re diagnosing why it’s intermittent for some tokens; events we don’t receive become stuck.
- We’ve optimized our code to catch these stuck states and be able to auto-refresh and resolve some cases automatically. Stuck parts should now be less frequent.
- We are now able to resolve cases quicker than the previous week due to the fixes applied and being able to quickly sort through tokens in an address now that we are better able to identify stuck states.
- We are continually investigating why the issue still happens for certain addresses.
What should I do if my part/s gets stuck?
As a first step, please try refreshing the page as it would usually prompt the MetaMask confirmation to appear. If it doesn’t, you may file a ticket in the #support channel on our Discord server. Please include a description of the issue and the token number of the stuck part so we can check on our end. We will notify you once the part is unstuck; after which kindly confirm if the transfer is also successful on your side.
The plan is to grow the trading community on OpenSea. We’re hoping to bring in more racers and potential buyers through an upcoming, exclusive crate sale in collaboration with CryptoKitties, one of the world’s first blockchain games. (Read more about the CryptoKitties event here.)
We have also listened to your suggestions and started working on a visual update on how parts would be displayed on OpenSea, to better distinguish the different rarities.
Finally, we would like to thank our amazing Discord community who were patient with us amidst all of these road bumps. We appreciate your continued support, and we’ll have more exciting news to share in the coming weeks so please stay tuned!
Follow us here on Medium or join our Discord to get the latest news on Battle Racers. And please clap or share if you like this article. Thanks for reading!
Battle Racers: https://battleracers.io