Beam Africa Community Update: January Edition
Hey Beamers! Did you miss us? It’s been a little while since we did an update so we wanted to bring you up to speed on our latest and greatest. So let’s not dilly-dally and get right into the nitty-gritty.
First of all, a Happy new year to you all. We are grateful for your support from day one and we are glad that we all made it to 2022. We know that last year was a bit of a doozy due to the pandemic and lockdown but you know what? We persevered, made it through, and came out the other end stronger than before. So take a bow, pat yourself on the back, and fire up ‘cos it’s a new year. A fresh start! Let’s dive in.
We had a great start to the year. First, we onboarded 7 new ambassadors spread across 4 African countries including Kenya, Ghana, Uganda and Nigeria. We witnessed significant community growth following a series of successful events held throughout the month. A huge thanks to our amazing community for their undying support.
There were several milestones during the past month of which the most notable was the successful community call used to mark Beam’s 3rd Year Anniversary. In case you missed it, here’s the recording of the Community Call. It gives a deep insight into what Beam has built and is building. WATCH VIDEO.
- We recognize the efforts of members of our community who contribute to the Beam community growth by constantly supporting and representing us through engagements and participation.
- An AMA with the A1 blockchain hub to discuss Privacy coins and why they are essential. Scarlet, the Beam Africa Lead, was a guest at the A1 blockchain hub where she shared her wealth of knowledge of how Beam works, why it is important and what the team is working on. At the end of the AMA, a large number of the A1 blockchain hub members downloaded and tested the Beam wallet live. It was an exciting time indeed and we appreciate the A1 blockchain hub founder, Annaelechuckwu for the invitation.
- An article on the 5 milestone achievements of Beam in 2021. A recap of the past year written by Samuel Andrew — Beam Africa Nigerian Ambassador
- Yet another creative work done by our very own Samuel Andrew. This is an animated video tutorial on how to participate in the ongoing BeamNTF.art competition.
- Ever wondered what you stand to gain for interacting with Beam’s NFT marketplace? Here is an article on the Opportunities around the Beam NFT Marketplace written by the talented Samuel Andrew. Enjoy and do stop by at beamnft.art soon.
- To wrap up the month, Beam Africa took to Twitter to find out just how much the community know about Beam. Here are the exciting feedbacks. 🥳
February sneak peek:
- An AMA with a top member of the Beam team
- The launch of a blockchain educational series featuring renowned blockchain media, professionals and associations
To our dear community, partners and supporters, thank you for your continued support.
Be A Part Of Our Community.
We are a growing community of investors, students, founders, and professionals, who are learning about Privacy, Blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies every day.
And we want you to be a part of our community if you aren’t already. We are inviting you to join us on our social media platforms, and on Telegram too. Check out some of our official links below.
Follow us on Twitter | Join us on Telegram | See our official website:
You can also download our mobile apps to start sending and receiving cryptocurrency more securely and privately.
Downloads: Beam Android Wallet | Beam iOS Wallet | Beam Desktop Wallet
Sign up for our newsletter, stay tuned, and see you all next month!