Release Date: 4th December
Beam 5.2 release notes
Our release cycles have become shorter so you can enjoy our innovations faster.
TL;DR Release Highlights:
- Max Privacy transactions bring a dramatic privacy boost
- Atomic Swaps with DOGE and DASH
- Dozens of under-the-hood bug fixes you don’t want to know about, as Beam “just works”
- Beam getting linguistic with 18 languages added
- Enabled Max Privacy transactions by implementing Lelantus MW protocol (link: https://github.com/BeamMW/beam/wiki/Lelantus-MW) with anonymity set of 64K
- Two new coins added for Atomic Swaps to trade from the comfort of your wallet
- Public offline addresses for collecting donations while your wallet is completely offline
- Payment proofs for Offline and Max Privacy transactions
- Languages added: Belarusian, Czech, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Russian, Serbian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- The exchange rate is shown in the transaction history
- When using active laser beam channels the CLI wallet should not be offline for over 24 hours
- Once generated, do not offer the same offline address to multiple senders of payments
- On Atomic Swaps QTUM balance does not appear on Beam wallet only on the Electrum wallet
Points to mention:
- Offline transaction and Max Privacy transaction fees are higher than Mimblewimble transactions and start from 0.01 BEAM per UTXO. The receiver pays their fee (per coin) when the coin is withdrawn from the shielded pool.
- Due to BSV’s recent vulnerability, we decided not to add them at this point.
- Due to BCH`s recent fork, we decided not to add them at this point.
- The sender of funds to a receiver Public Offline Address might be able to know that those funds are later being used by the receiver. Beam wallet and Beam explorer do not expose such functionality but it’s possible to derive this information by analysing the Blockchain.
For a more comprehensive list of the tasks accomplished please read here.
Verifying release binaries
PGP key: “A6C6 2C9F 5593 1860 AFF8 3BBB 997E AB9F 3DF7 F375”
- Go to https://keybase.io/beammw and get the Public PGP key.
- Download the signed binary file (with extension .asc) you want to verify.
- Verify the signature using PGP Suite or any other PGP verification tools
Come discover Beam and join the community!
Download Beam Desktop Wallet here
Download Beam iOS Wallet on App Store
Download Beam Android Wallet on Google Play
Learn more about Beam on our website and blog
QQ Beam 中国官方社区: https://jq.qq.com/?_wv=1027&k=5Mbs8N4