Release Date: July 27th, 2019
- Download Beam Android Wallet on Google Play
- This release focuses on usability and aesthetics. We’ve implemented many of the features, justifiably requested by our customers in the April 2019 community survey. Just look through the features and improvements list and tell us what else do you need to transform our wallets into a full-fledged financial workstation :)
- Release Notes
- BeamHash II support
- Send/Receive screens were redesigned, so that simple actions will require even less clicks yet to allow advanced settings for a greater flexibility
- When sending Beam, allow searching for the address to send from (or create a new one)
- When receiving Beam, allow searching for the address to receive to (or create a new one)
- An address can be assigned to a category for better readability and bookkeeping.
- Privacy mode to hide balances during the face-to-face transaction
- Repeated transactions will save your time when sending Beam: choose it, re-edit amount and comment and send!
- Connect to a specific node from mobile wallet
- Securely Show Owner key: when connecting to your own node (and your own node only), deploying the wallet owner key will allow the node to monitor all UTXO sent to any wallet generated from the same seed phrase. Don’t share your owner key with others as it allows to see all your funds.
- Graceful undo of transaction and addresses: when unintentionally deleting an address or a transaction you’ll have a chance to undo it from a snack bar with a nice timer
- Localization: the wallets speak a few more languages behind English, more languages will be added in the future.
- “Send all” is supported when sending Beam to avoid coindust
- When deleting an address all the related transactions can also be deleted
- Seed phrase words will be autocompleted at most after 4 characters
- Addresses can be shared using the system dialog
- Link to transactions Kernel ID in blockchain explorer
- Push notifications for incoming transaction
- Long amounts are displayed correctly
For the complete list of bug fixes and other tasks see the Github project
- The app will always choose a random node to connect to, connecting to a specific node will be added later
- Restore flow is implemented on desktop only, hence the mobile wallet funds can be restored from the desktop using the same seed the mobile wallet was created with
- When sending beams from mobile to desktop wallet, the QR code scanning works from desktop wallet version 2.0
- If multiple wallets are restored from the same seed phrase, transaction history and addresses will not be shared among the wallets.
Points to mention
- In case a mobile wallet is connected to a random node and the user has both mobile and desktop wallets which are using the same seed phrase, the funds sent to the desktop wallet won’t appear on the mobile wallet. If the desktop wallet is running a local node, it will see funds sent to both wallets. The reason is that the local node (integrated into the desktop wallet) always monitors the blockchain for UTXOs related to the seed of the wallet. The mobile wallet does not run a local node and thus can only monitor transactions sent to its specific SBBS addresses. Of course, no funds will be lost in any event.
Come discover Beam and join our community!
Download Beam Android Wallet on Google Play
Download Beam iOS Wallet on App Store
QQ Beam 中国官方社区: https://jq.qq.com/?_wv=1027&k=5Mbs8N4