A while ago when we’ve started to think about how to improve and redesign our mobile wallet (see Part 1 here) it became clear that one step won’t make the whole story. In the previous release, we’ve added a lot of new functionality (e.g. finer control over addresses, search, address categories, etc). In the current release, we bring 3 big things under your fingerprints:
- Restore on the iOS wallet: that’s right, you can restore any wallet given that you have the seed phrase kept somewhere. This fairly complicated and highly anticipated feature is available now and we dare to ask those who gave a lower score to the app to play with the app and to do the right thing ;)
- Many screens since the previous release were redesigned (see below). Brand fresh touch will bring the eye-pleasing info in a more structured and more functional way.
- Languages (our community effort) the wallet is closer to the way of your thinking :) The challenges of this adventure and the names of the heroes participating will be covered in a separate article (stay tuned).
So, let’s see what’s in the box.
☀️ Features (UX/UI and more)
- Mobile restore on iOS came to town: no need to switch to the desktop and to transfer the funds back anymore!
- Addresses and address details screens were redesigned. Categories are now called “tags” and single address can be denoted by several tags from now on.
- The redesigned UTXO and UTXO details screens display the list of transactions for every UTXO.
- Did you ever capture a screenshot to send the transaction details to the sender? Well, we’ve thought about a more stylish way to achieve the purpose, we’ve called it “Share transaction details”.
- Some customers suggested scanning the QR code from a photo, taken once and kept in the library. All you needed to do was to ask for it :)
Smaller things we couldn’t leave behind:
- Since we value your every tap, some textual fields provide a nice way to reset the value with a single click.
- On receive and send screens addresses are copiable with a long tap.
- There surely were more as the sprint counts 40+ issues, but your time is precious and we’re happy with fewer details and more “it just works” feeling.
🍳 What’s cooking
Luckily, there is always something that keeps us busy:
- Android version that supports the same features set is in the works as I type.
- We are considering to make addresses even more usable. We realize that in Mimblewimble the same person usually has many addresses (some of them were created to be used only once). We are aware of that and need to brainstorm on that a bit.
- More BIG features are coming, but it’s a bit too early to elaborate. Hint: follow our desktop projects.
🗣 Calls to actions!!!
- You must update your wallet to this version as the current version will keep your funds accessible even after the fork (which is planned to happen around August 15). I repeat: please make sure to update as the previous version will stop working on that date. See our official website for the countdown details.
- Please rate our app in the App Store or revise your lower score (if given before) in case you think the current version suits your expectations better.
- Let us know what do you think. You know where to find us. We take pride in what we do yet we are eager to hear how we can do even better.
- Use Beam: probably the most usable wallet for the Mimblewimble-based privacy coin!
Confidentially yours, Beam Product, Development and QA teams
Come discover Beam and join our community!
Download Beam iOS Wallet on App Store
Download Beam Android Wallet on Google Play
QQ Beam 中国官方社区: https://jq.qq.com/?_wv=1027&k=5Mbs8N4