Bebo is a way to create Social Communities
We’ve been building social apps (Blab and Bebo Messenger) for the last couple years. During that time, we created a platform to help us build these apps. Recently we decided to open up our platform and let anyone build their own Social Community.
Here’s how it works:
A Server is a private space composed of members and rooms.
2. Every server has an access code that you can give to anyone (only people who have this code will be able to join)
Your server is pre-loaded with a couple default rooms.You can add/remove any room. Rooms are websites that can do special things within Bebo.
3. All Rooms are open source, available on our GitHub.
When you add a room, put in the name of the repo (example: wall) or any website.
4. Use the Bebo-SDK to add functionality to any website. The SDK lets you create real time events, notifications, Database storage, etc. Anything you would need to create a fun social experience. Along with Audio, video (WebRTC) capabilities. All for free.
Yes, this means you can create your own community, the way you want it. Your community may have different needs than others. If you prefer live streaming, add the video lounge. Create your own Gaming forum with discussions. Or build a place for friends to discuss politics. There’s no cost for this server, and theres no limit to what you can do.
Openess is a big part of our philosophy with development on this platform. We want anyone to be able to take what we’ve put together and build their own Social Community.
- Every Room is open source (MIT License), if you need an extra feature just fork it and make your changes.
- You don’t need to host your own rooms, we do that for you.
- If you want you can host your own rooms. it’s just a website, the Bebo-SDK provides all the funtionality you’ll need
- You have full control of what and who goes into your private server.
- If you’re a developer, you don’t need backend code. We’ve taken care Database storage, sending real time events, and Real Time Audio/Video Communications.
The best way to get started is join our Bebo Developers servers and introduce yourself.
Access Code: wneseg
REMINDER: We do not have #oldphotos anymore. Please do not join the development server and ask for access to your old photos.
We’re just getting started, so expect some dust as we shape this platform. Our team is going to show some examples of what you can do within a Bebo room.