Great News — Times Two!!!
GOOD NEWS — PART 1: Saturday evening when my wife and returned home from our friends’ house, a letter from the Social Security Administration was in my mailbox. They have changed my legal name and gender marker with the SSA!!! Wooooohooooo!!!
GOOD NEWS — PART 2: This morning I received pre-authorization approval from BCBS of Mass for my surgery — which means they will be paying for the majority of my top surgery! I am SOOOOOOOOO stoked!!! 😄😄😄😄😄
So, next steps:
- This morning I sent the authorization form for my doctor to sign, so I can visit the NCDMV and have my legal name and gender changed on my NCDL.
- I’ve already started reaching out to my credit card companies and bank to get the process started. Some of them are still back in the dark ages — wanting me to fax or mail documents. Seriously???
- I have to get everything (payroll, tax forms, etc.) changed at Cisco.
- My passport still has to be updated.
- 401K has to be updated.
- Other numerous accounts, etc.
IT’S A LONG PROCESS…but I am thankful that it hasn’t been more difficult — at least thus far.
Later, friends! Off to continue the process!