Blogging — Best In-Pandemic Online Income Source in 2021
Get started with your first money-making blog.
Are you planning to do something in your free time?
Anything productive, but less time-consuming….. but don’t know what is the right path, then you should try blogging once.
You would be surprised to know that the top blogger earns on an average $10,000 per month. And this is just by sitting at one place and doing 2–3 hrs of work in a day.
It does not require any special knowledge or specialization, just write about what makes you feel happy and satisfied.
It is just simple as that…..
Still, confused what is blogging exactly? Let me help you with that.
Assume that you are eagerly searching for something ridiculous but helpful in a search engine, in maximum cases, possible results will get you what you want but there are some possibilities that you might not find specific on what you want.
Then you start searching for it manually by consulting some people and find relevant information. Now you feel that this information you’ve gathered should be shared with everyone else, this is where comes a blog.
You can create a blog where you can provide such necessary information which is helpful but cannot be easily found. This whole process is called blogging.
Deciding a niche/topic for your blog?
Now you must be cleared with the concept of blogging. But you must be in a confusion about what should I write in a blog. It is the initial approach to start a blog and almost everyone gets frustrated in finding a niche(niche is the topic on which your blog is based on).
You must be surprised to know that no one in the world has the perfect answer for it. No one can tell you about what you should write for.
But certain steps are found helpful in finding a better niche.
- Start writing all your interest and hobbies that do not make you bored — because such topics will never feel a burden to you when you start a blog.
2. Now out of the list you prepared, find the most searched points throughout the world. You can use Google to analyze.
3. Now that you have got the topic then 90percent of your work is done and you can start a blog.
Now you must be cleared and interested in blogging. So, let’s get started.
To start a blog, certain things are necessary for blogging.
- A domain
- A Hosting
- A blogging platform.
These are the minimum things that need to have for a blog. Nothing more than that is required. If you are familiar with the points then it is good but if no then let's take a look at each one of them.
A domain is the name of your blog. It can be anything, a brand name, or just simply your name. A blog is recognized by its domain name. Let us take an example, “ www. google.com” is called the domain. This is the domain name of Google. This is the address where people find your information in a vast ocean of the internet. There are millions of domain names available on the internet. You just need to select one which best suited for your blog.
From where to get this domain?
Many domain providers provide domain at cheap rates. A simple domain won’t cost you more than $3 or $5 per year. In today’s world, this amount is just as negligible. This is the best part that you don’t need any huge investment.
There are free sub-domain from Blogger.com but it won’t feel like that premium blog. It will be always under the authorization of the Blogger. So it would be better to buy a new custom domain.
Some of the top domain providers are Bluehost, Siteground, GoDaddy, HostGator, NameCheap, etc. I recommend that you should go with Bluehost. It provides 24/7 lifetime support and it is recommended by the top blogging platform, WordPress.
Hosting can be called the home of your information on the internet. It is the place where all the data available on your blog gets stored and they are accessed from there with the help of the domain. It can be called the home for your information.
You will need good hosting for your website if you want that your blog should run smoothly without any error. Many factors decide a good hosting such as uptime, storage, speed, etc. but there are some of the best hosting providers which provide better support for beginners.
From where to get hosting?
There are many hosting providers such as Bluehost, Siteground, Hostinger, HostGator, Godaddy, etc. You may find an advantage in buying hosting from Bluehost is that you may get a domain free for a year. This is where it becomes the most preferred hosting by WordPress.
A Blogging Platform
There are two famous platforms WordPress and Blogger, that are widely used all over the world. They are most of the good bloggers go with WordPress. This does not make Blogger a bad platform.
Blogger is a free platform by google where it has its own hosting. This means that you will just need to invest in a domain and you can set up your blog. But here you won’t get the full authorization on your blog. Google can anytime suspend your blog if it violates its policies. It also limits you to minimum customizations that are not that useful.
Whereas WordPress is a fully customizable platform where it gives you the full authorization of your blog. It also has many paid and unpaid features that are beneficial for your successful blog. You may get dedicated WordPress hosting which makes it more reliable and trustworthy for your blog.
Now you have got all the necessary information about blogging. You may now are capable of starting a blog of your interest.
But the whole purpose of making a blog is to earn some extra revenue. How would I make an extra income from my blog?
Let’s look at some of the ways your blog can generate income.
- Google Adsense — It is one of the most used income sources for blogs worldwide. Almost every blog has a Google AdSense in it. Here you allow Google to display ads on your blog and every time someone sees or clicks the ad then you will be paid. It is the most trusted source of income as Google handles all your website and believe me many bloggers just make thousands of dollars with just Google Adsense.
- Affiliate Marketing — The name suggests that you have to do the marketing but here in this case you will use your website to promote the products. This is the highly paid income source of a blogger. If you are making $1000 with Google Adsense for every million clicks then affiliate marketing can generate the same revenue with just 100 clicks. You just have to promote the affiliate links to your blog and if someone buys from your link then you will get the commission. Experienced bloggers make millions of dollars per month with just affiliate marketing.
- Guest Post — If your blog is old and you are continuously working on it then many companies and organizations or even some bloggers will contact you to post their information in your blog and return they will pay you some money. It generally depends on the blogger, how much should be charged per post. This is also a good income source but it does not make it as good as affiliate marketing but there will be some in your pocket.
There are many other ways but they require some technical knowledge and skills. But most of the income bloggers make with these three ways.
SO now you know how what is a blog, how to set up a blog, and how to generate some extra income from that.
If you feel interested in BLogging then you must take it, if you don’t feel to do it then you must try it once. Most of the bloggers start blogging for extra income but end up generating so much income from just blogging that they left their job and become a full-time blogger.
Just go for it, trust me you won’t regret it.
It is better to do something small in your free time rather than wasting time and making no money.
Disclaimer — Some affiliate links in the article may generate some commission.