Remembering Prince Philip: A first look at local newspapers this morning
Yesterday probably counts as one of those ‘you’ll always remember where you were when you heard about’ moments, as the death of Prince Philip was announced at the age of 99.
Well-prepared plans kicked in on broadcast media, with schedules cleared for rolling coverage of the Duke of Edinburgh’s passing, and reaction from around the world.
For local newspapers this morning, it was a chance to put the death of man who has been at the heart of the Royal Family for decades, into a local context.
Also on the site today:
- 222 journalism students achieved gold standard last year, new data shows
- Newsbreak launches for journalists to share mental health experiences
- Reach appoints Martin Little as audience transformation director
- BBC unveils local election plans
- Elections 2021 Sunday 4 April digest: Norfolk police commissioner candidate faces sexism claims, marking long-serving councillors and the care home to be used as a polling station
Have a good weekend