Just Can’t Wind Down for a Good Night’s Sleep?
12 Tips I’ve found to do the trick
- Pray for peace and calm.
2. Turn-off and shut down your electronics at least 30-minutes before bedtime.
3. Reading can create a calming effect. So, why not read an interesting paperback book (again, no kindles or e-books).
4. Think calming thoughts.
5. Place a portable mini clip-on for books or LED lamp to Eyeglasses
6. Place a small fountain with flowing water on your nightstand.
7. Or, you can add a white noise machine in your bedroom.
8. Lower your bedroom temperature. Thank goodness, I have a ceiling fan in my bedroom.
9. Exercise early, not at bedtime. I try to finish my exercises an hour before — no later.
10. Avoid going to bed on a full, bloated stomach.
11. Play soft, instrumental music — no lyrics.
12. AND don’t forget your comfy pillow.
These are tried-and-true methods I’ve employed.
Depending on my day, I may have to use several of these tips.
Sometimes, though, I don’t use any — as soon as my head hits the pillow, I’m asleep.
Don’t miss any of the lifestyle, health, and well-being articles. Get an email whenever Arnita M. Williams publishes.