WHAT IS THE FUTURE SHAPERS PROGRAM?
The Future Shapers is an immersive fellowship and systems change leadership incubation program for young Filipinos with an existing venture or enterprise that aspires to shape sustainable futures. It is an original program by Benilde’s Hub of Innovation for Inclusion (HiFi).
You never change things by fighting against the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
— Buckminster Fuller
WHO IS IT FOR?
The Future Shapers Program is for the youth (ages 18–35years old) who have started a venture or an enterprise addressing a particular social and/or environmental gap. The leadership incubation program is for young founders or co-founders who wish to:
- Understand deeply the status quo and context they want to change;
- Design a clear systems strategy and unique value proposition to create change;
- Build a blueprint for scaling operations and implement;
- Test and validate strategies; and
- Measure and track impact.
The Future Shapers program is uniquely grounded on four lenses to stimulate catalytic change:
- Systems Thinking
- Collective Impact
- Human-Centered Design
- Futures Thinking
The immersive experiences will tap into the affective, cognitive, and kinaesthetic domains of learning and doing to holistically support the growth and development of a new generation of systems change leaders. The whole program runs for 5months providing a hybrid of face-to-face experiential learning sessions once every month and regular check-ins and online coaching in-between.
On the final week of the program, we will spend time to feature the new or improved systems change strategies and stories of each of the fellows. Incubators, angel investors, grant giving organisations, brand partners, public and private sector community partners, and high-tier accelerators from our network and the ecosystem will be in the audience during the celebratory day. There is a good chance for fellows to be further supported and groomed for implementation scale after the program.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- The program is open to aspiring future shapers aged 18–35 years old.
- Applicant must be currently leading or co-leading, as well as founded or co-founded an active impact venture or enterprise that addresses a relevant SDG, with a preference on any of the following themes:
- Futures of Food
- Futures of Work and Learning
- Futures of Health and Wellbeing
- Futures of Cities and Communities
- Futures of Governance
3. The impact venture or enterprise should have a proven traction or proof of concept (POC) of at least 3 months
4. Conversant and articulate in English
5. Commitment to a 4month program. This is a hybrid of:
- face-to-face experiential learning sessions (3–5 days bootcamp per month)
- regular check-ins and online/in-person coaching.
Application is from October 09, 2019 to November 30, 2019.
HOW DO WE APPLY?
WHEN DO WE KNOW THAT WE GET IN?
Shortlisting will be in December. Announcement of accepted fellows will be in 1st week of January 2020.
DO WE PAY A FEE TO BE A FUTURE SHAPER?
The fellowship program is 100% free and powered by the Peter D. Garrucho Jr. Innovations Institute, Laudato Si Grant of the De La Salle Philippines (DLSP), and HIFI community of partners and network support.
FOOD, TRANSPORT, AND LODGING
Transportation, accommodations, and meals for the duration of the program will be provided for all fellows.
HOW DO I BACK A SCHOLAR FOR THE PROGRAM?
If you want to invest in a legacy that will pro-actively shape the future of the nation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org