10 free things you can do now to enjoy life more
There are few things that you can do, they are FREE with one exception — point 9, but it doesn’t count because you still need to eat anyway :)
- Every morning write in your journal at least three things that you are grateful for. Your brain knows that if you are write about something on paper, it has to be important.
- Every evening write in your journal at least three good things that happened that day. Again, your brain knows that if you are write about something on paper, it has to be important. It will think about these things more.
- Hang out with positive people. There is a saying: “You are the average of 5 people that you spend most time with”.
- Cut out negative people. Same reason as point 3.
- Don’t watch news. In fact, get rid of TV. It fills you with crap. You know what your brain does with crap? Yea, it thinks about it too. So cut crap out of your brain, please!
- Do something good every day. Note it down in your journal (at this point you already have a journal and you know why, right?).
- Smile to yourself. When nobody is watching and you don’t feel like smiling — smile anyway. Your brain thinks that if you are smiling, something good is happening so it adjusts.
- Smile to other people. Again, your brain thinks that if you smile to all these people, they have to be good, nice etc. So it thinks that you are surrounded by nice people and it feels better. In fact you are probably surrounded by nice people. Smile to them and they may smile back.
- Eat good fats. Your brain likes good fats. So leave this KFC piece on the table and buy some avocado!
- Play a song and sing along! :) Or do something else that you enjoy! Just have some fun!