I challenge YOU to exercise 25 minutes a day from December 1 — 25.
Why 25 in 25®?
- It is the busiest month for most people.
- We eat more food this month than any other month.
- We tend to let our exercise habits (if we even have any) fall to the side.
- The average weight gain is 1–5 pounds. The more overweight you are, the more likely you are to gain more than five pounds.
December is filled with eating, drinking, parties and commitments. Make a new commitment this December to exercise 25 minutes each day for 25 days. I partner with the premier behavior modification company, Lift, to track you in your challenge. Rubberbanditz, maker of my Jetsetter Gym Kit, will donate prizes to three lucky winners.
- You must exercise for 25 minutes every day starting December 1.
- This can be divided up into segments.
- Alternatively, you can wear a pedometer and walk 3 miles or about 6000 steps.
- You can skip Christmas Day, but only if you exercise 50 minutes on Christmas Eve.
- You must track your activity daily on the free Lift app or website.
Can you do it? Can you commit to a healthier December?
It’s not fair to challenge without offering support and resources. Coach Marcey (that’s me!) will send daily messages to you via Lift. Each day you track your habit, you will get a new message to move forward. You can even hire me as an accountability coach to work with you personally by clicking this link — Hire Marcey for Accountability Coaching.
How many people can you get to join you in this challenge?
Not only will you get through the holidays fitter, healthier, more relaxed and happier, you will be a role model for those around you. You will be a champion for balance during this crazy, busy, holiday season.
Join me and others from all over the world for the 25 in 25® Exercise Challenge with Lift. For a history of the challenge click here — 25 in 25 Exercise Challenge History.
Do you really want to put your life and your health on hold until January?
How to start:
- Create an account at www.lift.do.
- Join the 25 in 25® Exercise Challenge Group
- Check in daily via the website or app
- Lift will show you what your streak is and if you have missed a day.
- Follow your friends, family and co-workers, give props and congratulate them on their progress.
- Checking your activity unlocks the next day’s message. You don’t have to do the recommended activity as long as you do something for 25 minutes that day.
- When you’ve completed your streak, post via social media ‘I rocked the 25 in 25 challenge!’ and tag me and Lift. Once confirmed the streak was completed, you will be entered in the drawing.
- I will randomly pick names from all those that completed the streak on December 26 and will announce the winners via Twitter, Facebook and G+.