The Top 10: Great How-To’s to Help You Level-Up and Become a Better Human
Publishing Better Humans gives us the opportunity to bring you really amazing articles. I took a look at our top articles recently and I think you, like me, will appreciate the breadth and the depth of what our authors cover. I’ll bet you find at least three things in here you want to do to make your life better.
These 10 deep dives are from people like you who became experts in a niche topic in their own quest to improve themselves. In Better Humans, they share what they learned in the form of empathic tutorials: they’ve been there, they know the challenges you face, and they tell you exactly what you need to do it yourself.
(PS — Do you have similar expertise you can share with readers? Here’s the tutorial on how to get published in Better Humans yourself.)
On to the reads!
- Cognitive Bias Cheat Sheet by Buster Benson. Presumably, one of your goals for reading is to be smarter. Well, you won’t find an article with a more direct impact on your intelligence.
- How to Configure Your iPhone to Work For You, Not Against You by Coach Tony (me). Part tutorial, part productivity philosophy. Medium says it’s a 73 minute read, but people tell me it’s actually closer to five hours.
- How to Dramatically Improve your Public Speaking Skills by Jason Shen. Great lessons from someone who’s been inside the TED Talks residency.
- Heal Your Gut, Heal Your Mind by Maria Cross MSc. An experiment with managing the gut’s microbiome and a comprehensive tutorial for how you can do the same.
- A Surprising Thing Happened When I Stopped Eating for Three Days by Mark Moschel. There are a ton of science & success stories about fasting. This one is about the experience. What does it feel like and could you go endure the same thing?
- What I Learned From Quitting Coffee After 15 Years Of Daily Consumption by Angelo Belardi. In short, he learned good things. Read the article if you want a tutorial on getting the same benefits.
- A Minimalist Journal for Habit Change by Michal Korzonek. There’s a real movement away from productivity apps and back to paper. I’m seeing a lot of people moving their goal tracking back into notebooks. This system gives you a cool visual goal dashboard.
- A Script for Firing People by Coach Tony (me). This gets a ton of SEO traffic on Mondays and Fridays. It’s the most popular management article we’ve published but I wish we’d published instead: “A Process for Hiring People You Won’t Fire.”
- The Complete Guide to Remembering What You Read by Niklas Göke. Nik originally a short introduction to this topic and it was so helpful that I asked him to write this more comprehensive guide.
- One Year of Microdosing Psilocybin (Shrooms) by Janet L. Chang. We really wanted to understand why someone would try this and give our readers a non-nonsense guide to this cutting-edge topic. This author did a great job working with us to achieve that.