Columns to Help You Be a Better Marketer
A directory of weekly advice from experts you can trust
A column is one of mankind’s oldest structures. For millennia, we have used them to build things. Pillars made of stone, sturdy enough to carry the heaviest of weights.
And though each column can stand as its own monument, if you combine a bunch of them, you’re really starting to build for the sky. The best columns are part of something larger.
At Better Marketing, we want our columns to serve the mission of making you a better marketer. Each one has its own vertical and can stand on its own. But you can also read a combination of them to deepen your expertise in a variety of areas.
Who knows? Maybe you’ll become a master at the intersection of those things.
To start, we’ve already launched four columns to help you lead, live, and market better:
- Virtual Leadership is a biweekly column by Vy Luu about what it means to lead in a time of globally distributed teams.
- Twitter Teardowns is a weekly column by Zulie Rane breaking down what the best Twitter accounts on the web are doing to succeed.
- Intentional Social Media is a weekly column by Katrina Loos on what it means to have thoughtful interactions in a noisy world.
- Uncommon Leadership is a weekly column by Jake Daghe teaching us how to become better role models by learning from unlikely sources.
- Tough Conversations is a weekly column by Hurriya Burney to help you navigate the uncomfortable talks you need to have to advance your life and career.
- Role Models is a weekly column by Zita Fontaine explaining why the world’s most successful personal brands do what they do to thrive.
- Business Blunders is a weekly column by Leo Saini on why great brands fail in new environments — and what you can do to make sure yours does not.
- Headline Hacks is a weekly column by Cynthia Marinakos dissecting what makes and breaks great titles so you can reach more people with your art and products.
Over the next weeks and months, we hope to launch many more columns to help you succeed. You’ll find all of them here.
And if you want your own? Then start writing for us, and let’s talk.
We’re building for the sky, after all. Let’s do it together. We’ll need all the columns we can get.