We’re always looking for great content to help programmers get better at what we do everyday.
Here are a few ideas to get the creative juices flowing:
- Tutorials on how to do something interesting, hard or complex with your favorite language or framework.
- Actionable advice for other engineers on non-code-related aspects of the job (negotiation, dealing with imposter syndrome, how to be a good manager, remote work, etc.)
- Deep dives into the inner-workings of things we take for granted everyday like Express, how CSS renders or the Objective-C runtime.
Instructions before you submit:
Read: The Better Programming Style Guide and Suggestions before reading the following tips below
- Your Medium account should have your name, a bio and a picture of you.
- Your piece should have a title and a subtitle.
- Please remove all personal calls to action in your post such as “sign up for my newsletter” or “follow me on Twitter.”
- If you include code snippets, use gists, paste the URL of the gist into your post and press enter. It will render the code as part of your post and include syntax highlighting if your gist is named with the correct file extension (
- Please add a nice cover image that you have the rights to use or are Creative Commons. We recommend sites like Unsplash. Please give the photographer credit. See further up in this post for an example.
- At the bottom of your article, please include a Resources section with any links that you mentioned in your post for quick reference by the reader. Github repos, Playgrounds, JSFiddles and Gists are highly recommended.
- Make sure the piece’s read time is longer than three minutes.
When your post is ready, submit a draft via our submission form.
If you don’t hear back from us within three days, please assume that we kindly passed on your submission.
Note: If you have already published a piece with Better Programming, there’s no need to use this form again. Just click the
… menu in the top right of Medium, click “Add to Publication” on your draft, and we’ll get the notification and respond usually within 24 hours.
We look forward to your submissions!