Health and Safety Protocols Unveiled for OKC Dodgers Games
Tickets on sale now for May and June games at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
Single-game tickets are now on sale for May and June Oklahoma City Dodgers games and the team also announced Tuesday its initial health and safety protocols for fans attending games at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
The Dodgers have worked closely with the Oklahoma City-County Health Department during the last several months and followed guidance from Major League Baseball to establish rules and regulations for COVID-19 mitigation and to keep fans safe while attending Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark will operate at 30 percent capacity (approximately 3,000 seats) during May and June games and seating pods of two, three, four, five or six seats will be distanced six feet from each other.
The Dodgers’ home opener is scheduled for Thursday, May 13 against Sacramento and the team will play 18 total home games in May and June combined. Tickets must be purchased online at okcdodgers.com/tickets, although questions can be asked to ticket representatives by calling (405) 218–1000.
“When we reach May 13, we will not have hosted an Oklahoma City Dodgers game at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark in approximately 20 months,” OKC Dodgers President/General Manager Michael Byrnes said in a team release. “By re-opening our gates, we’re looking forward to providing a safe and family-friendly activity for our community and a chance to regain some normalcy in our lives.”
In addition to limited capacity, and socially distanced seating pods, other health and safety protocols at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark include, but are not limited, to:
- Fans must maintain a proper six-foot distance between their party and other fans in common areas including the concourse, concession stands and while awaiting entry and exit of the ballpark. Markers will be placed in certain common areas to help fans keep their distance.
- All fans ages two and up must wear a facemask covering their nose and mouth at all times unless actively eating or drinking. This includes while fans are occupying their seats.
- The exclusive use of electronic tickets. Fans will scan their tickets on their mobile device at a touchless scanner upon entry at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
- Hand sanitizer stations available throughout the concourse.
- Plexiglass shields at concession stands and other food and beverage serving areas of the ballpark.
- Plexiglass shields separating fans from the field of play in certain areas to protect on-field personnel.
A full list of health and safety regulations can be found at okcdodgers.com/safety.
“We feel the Dodgers have put together a comprehensive plan to keep all fans safe at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark,” OCCHD Chief Operating Officer Phil Maytubby said in a team release. “If we all continue to do the right things, then we envision the opportunity for increased capacity at the ballpark as the season progresses.”
For additional information, and to learn about the OKC Dodgers’ initial weekly and gameday promotions, please see the team’s full release here.