What’s New for Merchants in August & September?
Welcome to the monthly recap of BigCommerce product news and updates. Each month, we’re sharing all the changes and updates available to merchants’ stores on BigCommerce. Whether you’re an agency partner building and managing an ecommerce site, a freelance developer customizing the BigCommerce storefront, or an app developer wanting to keep on top of natively built features, this your chance to stay in the loop and learn what changes are happening to the BigCommerce platform. For more information about each announcement below, click the title to be directed to the full release on the BigCommerce Product Blog.
Over the past two months, we’ve seen mostly Multi-Storefront (MSF) & Payment updates to the platform. In August & September we announced a handful of beta opportunities that help extend the transacting power for store owners in addition to new native offerings that help you sell more. Here are the top releases that you and your clients should know about.
BigCommerce Platform Updates, August & September 2022
- New Free Analytics for Google Ads & Listings: Previously, Google Ads & Listings reporting was only available for paid ad campaigns. This app now includes performance reporting for free listings.
- Beta Opportunity: Stripe’s Payment Method, Link: Link is a Stripe payment method that autofills your customers’ payment and shipping details to deliver an easy and seamless checkout experience. Currently supporting guest shoppers in USD.
- New “Multi-Storefront Compatible” filter in App Marketplace: With this new filter in the App Marketplace, it’s now easier than ever to identify which apps are MSF compatible. If your app is MSF compatible, this will help them be more discoverable. Please share the news of this filter with your clients!
- Introducing BitPay For Cryptocurrency Payments: As part of our growing list of supported payment gateways and payment options, BitPay is available now to BigCommerce merchants around the world, allowing shoppers to pay with cryptocurrency.
- Beta Opportunity: Amazon Pay Enhancement: If you have clients who are using Amazon Pay today, and are interested in further increasing checkout conversions — this beta is for them!
- Beta Opportunity: Bank Of New Zealand For Payments: This beta is for new and existing merchants banking with BNZ. Now you can sign up seamlessly and begin accepting payments through the BNZ payment gateway with highly competitive pricing.
- Introducing Optty For Buy Now Pay Later Payments: Optty is an independent, provider-agnostic Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) integration. Certified with 45 global BNPL providers, across 59 countries and in 36 currencies, Optty gives you access to over 185 integrations.
- Multi-Storefront Early Access For Standard, Plus, And Pro Plans: Get ready — Multi-Storefront (MSF) availability will be extended to stores on Standard, Plus, and Pro plans starting in Q1 of 2023!