What’s New for Merchants in December?
Welcome to the monthly recap of BigCommerce product news and updates. Each month, we’re sharing all the changes and updates available to merchant’s stores on BigCommerce. Whether you’re an agency partner building and managing an e-commerce site, a freelance developer customizing the BigCommerce storefront, or an app developer wanting to keep on top of natively built features, this is your chance to stay in the loop and learn what changes are happening to the BigCommerce platform.
At BigCommerce, payment solutions took the stage in December of 2021, including a few newly supported payment options and two new payment beta opportunities for merchants to join. Additionally, we held several Holiday Prep AMA events in the BigCommerce Community Group on Facebook to connect community members with BigCommerce employees and partners, and answered community questions about holiday prep, SEO/SEM best practices, email marketing, and more!
BigCommerce Platform Updates, December 2021
- Introducing Electronic Payment Exchange: Electronic Payment Exchange (EPX) is available now to all US-based merchants. EPX is a payment integration that allows you to accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diners Club credit card payments, and smoothly integrates with your checkout flow.
- Serve First: Serve First is a newly supported payment gateway for US merchants that specializes in serving merchants operating in the wholesale, manufacturing and distribution sectors. Some benefits are: automatic Level II & III data collection and processing for merchants processing corporate, government, or B2B transactions.
- Pinwheel: Pinwheel is a newly supported payment gateway which specializes in serving merchants operating in high-risk categories. Pinwheel offers a seamless checkout experience for shoppers and improved conversion rates for merchants located in the US, Canada, UK, European Economic Area (EEA), Ireland, Australia, and Japan.
- Holiday Prep AMA Events: To prepare for the holiday season, the Community came together to gather app partners & other ecommerce professionals to talk tips, benefits, and general holiday prep related questions. See these AMA recaps below:
Airon White: Holiday Prep Questions + Coupons
Website Advantage: SEO/SEM + Analytics
Sensorpro: Email + SMS Marketing
Troy Wolf: BCTools.io overview & benefits
BigCommerce Beta Opportunities, December 2021
- Openpay Payment Gateway: BigCommerce merchants in the US, UK, and Australia interested in offering their shoppers more affordable payment installments now have the opportunity to apply for this beta with Openpay. Check out the Product Blog for more information on requirements and how to apply.
- Humm Payment Gateway: This beta is open for stores using the BigCommerce Optimized One Page Checkout that are registered and transacting in New Zealand or Australia. Those who are looking for a flexible payment plan solution that supports both small and high ticket orders are perfect candidates for this opportunity.