What’s New for Merchants in June
Welcome to the monthly recap of BigCommerce product news and updates. Each month, we’re sharing all the changes and updates available to merchant’s stores on BigCommerce. Whether you’re an agency partner building and managing an ecommerce site, a freelance developer customizing the BigCommerce storefront, or an app developer wanting to keep on top of natively built features, this your chance to stay in the loop and learn what changes are happening to the BigCommerce platform.
There are so many updates to announce over the past two months! In May & June we released new analytic capabilities, updates to our payment providers, new features on the platform, and other important changes. Here are the top releases that you and your clients should know about.
BigCommerce Platform Updates, May & June 2022
- Microsoft Power BI: New Starter Reports: Part of our Big Open Data Solutions, Microsoft Power BI enables you to build your own interactive dashboards and attractive starter reports using your BigCommerce data.
- Improvements To Control Panel Settings Navigation: We are combining our settings to make them easier to access and more user friendly. Store Setup, Advanced Settings, and Server Settings can now be found in one place, under Settings.
- Colorado Retail Delivery Fee (RDF): Beginning July 1, 2022, Colorado’s Department of Revenue requires merchants that ship to a location in Colorado to collect and remit a Retail Delivery Fee (RDF) of $0.27 on each order that has at least one item in the order subject to sales or use tax & the delivery for said item has been made by a motorized vehicle.
- Catalog Import/Export Tool (V3) Available For MSF Stores: Our new Catalog Import/Export tool (v3) is available for all merchants with Multi-Storefront (MSF) enabled. To read more about why we built this, as well as the limitations and benefits — check out our Product Blog announcement above.
- Multi-Storefront Is Now Available For All Enterprise Stores: Multi-Storefront is now generally available for all BigCommerce stores on an Enterprise plan. In our announcement you can find additional details about this platform enhancement, what you can do with MSF, the benefits, & what’s next!
- Introducing Foundations For Stripe Billing And Terminal: The resources in Foundations allow you, as agencies or developers, to implement tailor-made enhancements to your clients’ store(s) without needing to build the groundwork. Once created, these apps connect seamlessly with your BigCommerce store and Stripe account.
- New Features Available In CyberSource: Our CyberSource payment integration now supports quick merchant onboarding and the popular payment methods, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Ads And Listings On Google Now Supporting Performance Max: As of June 27, 2022, any new Ads & Listings on Google app campaigns will be automatically created as Performance Max campaigns. Our announcement above provides answers to some of the most common customer questions.
- Introducing dLocal For Payments In Emerging Markets: As part of our growing list of supported payment gateways and payment options, dLocal is available now to BigCommerce merchants around the world.