Welcome to a recap of what’s trending in the BigCommerce Developer Community. Every other week, we’ll take a look at the discussions happening in our dev spaces. You’ll see our most popular and insightful conversations, along with questions that could use your expertise or helpful advice.
In the BigCommerce Developer Community, we’re seeing conversations about the possibilities within the Widgets API and new discoveries with app development. There is also excitement around the updates to support within our storefront-data-hooks, GraphQL API & email templates.
- GraphQL Enhancement: UPC, MPN, and GTIN are now available via the Storefront GraphQL API. Check out the announcement in the Developer Changelog and see for yourself in the GraphQL Explorer.
- New Transactional Email Templates are available to be managed in the Control Panel or via new Email Template endpoints. Check out our new Dev Blog with extra details on this much asked for enhancement!
- BigCommerce for WordPress v4.9.0 is now available, which adds support for product category images and channel creation. Check out the developer changelog for more information.
- Storefront-Data-Hooks v1.2.0 is now available! If you are using NextJS and other headless implementations that rely on these hooks, be sure to get the new version in GitHub. This will resolve the following GitHub issues:
Issue 6: Feature Submission: EmbeddedCheckout component
Issue 25: Featured Request- Add My Account/Orders Hooks
Issue 30: Hooks doesn’t return the correct locale
Issue 36: Keep user logged in at checkout
BIG Thanks to Nate Davis for helping out so many merchants and developers in the Q&A & BigCommerce Developers Groups of our Community! You always go the extra mile with your answers by providing linked resources, advice, code snippets, and screenshots. Your contributions make a huge difference to those you help! You rock 🤘
🗣 Can’t Miss Conversations
Some of our favorite, trending conversations from the BigCommerce Developer Community.
- Joel Evans was looking for a way to target widget instances created via page builder without using JS. If you’re developing widgets, this thread in the BigCommerce Developers Community is a great read to see some hacks to achieve this!
- Mark Wexler is getting deeper into their app development for a custom Mega Menu solution but got blocked by a 403 error. Great catch found, by Mark, in the process of debugging this — Which makes this thread an excellent read for those of you who are also new with creating apps!
- Joel Evans and Matt Bailey were looking at creating a widget similar to the ‘layout’ option in Page Builder but were uncertain of the possibilities. If you’ve ever wanted to do the same or something similar — There are some good call-outs in this conversation and a new Idea (BigCommerce feature request) you can show support for.
🤝 Share a Solution
The latest Community questions and conversations that need a response. Provide a helping hand to your fellow e-commerce developers and share your ideas and solutions with the group.