In this series, we’re thrilled to reveal our eight Binance Labs Incubation Program Season 1 teams and their projects. Learn about Decore below and in this video.
- Location: San Francisco and Taipei
- Founders: Yenwen Feng, Shao-Kang Lee
- Team: 2 founders, 1 contractor
In your words, what is Decore?
Decore is the Gusto for crypto companies. When running crypto native companies today, it’s surprising that there are no SaaS like Gusto, Quickbooks and Expensify available to crypto founders. Decore provides a full-stack software suite to make it super easy to run crypto native companies. If you’re still using Excel to track your crypto transactions and payroll, contact us.
Tell us about your founders. What is your story?
Decore was founded by Yenwen Feng and Shao-Kang Lee.
- Yenwen Feng previously co-founded Cubie, a 500 Startups-funded startup with over 10M downloads, and co-founded WillMobile (acquired), a financial SaaS company.
- Shao-Kang Lee previously co-founded POPAPP (acquired), a designing SaaS tool used by Amazon, Yahoo! and 37signals.
Earlier last year, we were building a decentralized derivative protocol (Cinch). At that time, we were thinking — could we run a company purely on crypto and without touching any banks and fiat currencies? We found that this is nearly impossible. We don’t have basic tools and services like Gusto, Quickbooks, … etc. to operate companies with crypto. That’s why we built Decore, a full stack business software suite for crypto companies.
What makes your project unique?
We are focused on customers, not just crypto: Instead of building a whole-new crypto software stack, we’re helping crypto companies and accountants to solve the problems they’re facing right now and providing tools compatible with their favorable existing software.
Execution is more important for a SaaS business, and that’s the advantage for both second-time founders. Both of our founders have had M&A exits from previous SaaS startups.
What are your major achievements and status updates?
We built a product from scratch and got our first few customers in 10 weeks.
What are your plans for the first half of 2019?
Focus on getting customers, BUIDL more, and get ready for scaling.
What did you find valuable about the Binance Labs Incubation Program?
- Binance network: Binance Labs helps us access more potential customers and partners. Their huge network even helps us reach to many thought leaders, business partners, and investors we would hardly to approach by ourselves.
- Mentorship: People on the Binance Labs team and mentors are all thought leaders and pioneers in the crypto field, who have provided us tremendous advices and help.
- Batch mates: One of the most valuable things in the long term is the relationship with our batch mates. It’s such a special experience with those super smart people. Can’t wait to see how everyone can achieve in a few years. Meanwhile, we are adopting and integrating the other two batch teams APIs into our services, and they will soon be our beta users, too. The 10-week incubation batch time let us know each other well, and we are happy to work more and BUIDL more together.
Applications are open for Season 2 of the Binance Labs Incubation Program, held in Berlin, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong, Lagos, San Francisco and Singapore.
Apply by February 28, 2019 at https://www.binancelabs.co/ to join the strongest network of early-stage blockchain developer teams.
About Binance Labs
Binance Labs is an infrastructure impact fund and an initiative launched by Binance to incubate, invest in, and empower blockchain and cryptocurrency entrepreneurs, projects, and communities. The mission of Binance Labs is to solve the problems that matter most to the ecosystem and change the world for the better. To learn more about Binance Labs, visit: https://labs.binance.com/