Development Update Apr 2022
In this quarter, our development team’s focus is rolling out the first slot of features to the public testnet and canary network. Crowdloan Reward distribution, Metaverse Element Matrix, and Physics breakthrough are some of our key achievements this month.
We’ve also launched a brand new website for metaverse.network.
Metaverse News Update — Episode 2
****News Updates Episode 2*****
1:03 3D Marketplace Design & Implementation — Daniel Choi, Co-Founder & Tech Lead
2:40 Public Testnet , Machine Economy & Metaverse Native Features — Justin Pham, Co-Founder & CTO Blockchain
5:05 Global Marketplace — Clovis Araujo, Technical Lead
8:09 NFT & Minting — Michael Li, Lead Developer
9:27 Machine Economy, Staking & Claiming Process,Blockchain Infrastructure Scalability — Jerry Ren, Sr Blockchain Engineer
9:58 Power Element Matrix — Aashish Bhurtel, Sr Software Engineer
11:34 Kaosland Design — Ryan Bocking, 3D Artist
12:46 Kaosland’s Power Core — Matthew Moore, 3D Artist
14:22 Base & Custom Avatars — Michael Vaughan, 3 D Artist
15:40 Metaverse.Network Web Design — Bomb Chatnarin P., Art Director 17:17 Unreal Engine Version — Addie Cook — UE Developer
17:44 Element Pack, Voxel World, New features in Development — Evan Lai, Game Developer
18:59 Performance & Testing — JK Belsa, QA Lead
20:14 Vault Features — Vuk Stanojevic — Game Developer
21:11 Introducing BCMN Content Creator & Journalist — Keira Nesdale
22:07 Machine Model Economy on the network (ME101) — Ray Lu, CEO & Co-Founder
29:26 ME101 origins — Ray Lu
Here are the dev updates from team leaders
Engineering Department (by Daniel)
- Experience Framework R&D created an MVP Version of the framework and tested it with different programming languages(C, C++ and Rust) and compilers.
- Game engine code refactoring and improvement for performance & portability, allowing using the same game engine to develop different games.
- Created & designed an MVP version of the 3D marketplace, focusing on usability and UI.
- Created a feature for auto-generating aisle/ walls for displaying different NFTs, including 3D and 2D.
- Created a feature to place NFTs in the NFT Display stand/stage within a distance.
- Integrated the basic functions from the search engine of the Global Marketplace.
- Implemented basic lighting effect for the Global Marketplace.
Metaverse Department (by Shannon)
Congrats to Shannon for his new baby girl!
- Collision system and physics — voxel and non-voxel collision detection have been integrated seamlessly, with better handling of edge cases. Design focused on ease of use for authors and performance for users. Users will be able to walk across voxel landscapes and up stairs provided by content creators.
- Updated tooling
— Asset Selector:
— — Editing position, scale, and rotation of existing placed assets.
— — Replacing an asset with another.
— — Deleting an asset — replaces asset remover.
— — Allow users to teleport to a point of interest.
— — Link to an external site.
- 3D Vault MVP, visualizing the wallet of a user; get a sense of how many tokens you have.
- Kaosland landmark 3D modeling and design for Power Core, Thunder.University, Ocean Park, and partner buildings.
- Updated UI for creating new voxel themes for the world; upload custom images or create high-quality PBR textures for your voxels. Improvements to the UI system to support newer tooling features.
- Improved animation system to blend more consistently; the animations for movement between walking and running are smoother. Updated and improved movement handling code, including transition between land and void — reduced CPU cost and improved feel.
- Fixes for edge cases where models loaded in the incorrect order. Fix for model loading with unusual hierarchies.
Blockchain & Integration Department (by Justin)
- Released Crowdloan claiming process, conducted regression tests and reward auditing.
- Roll out EVM-enabled features to the development chain, which allows dApp developers to deploy Solidty smart contracts to Metaverse.Network and utilize metaverse-native assets.
- Implemented BIT Reward Campaign architecture and design to allow users to participate in different campaigns to earn rewards from BIT allocated reward pool.
- BIT Reward claiming process which supports claim all features on different Mining Rounds.
- Revamp Local Marketplace feature to allow Metaverse Owners to enable the marketplace feature for their community.
- Implemented NFT local marketplace authoring process that allows metaverse owners to authorise external NFT collections to be traded on their local metaverse marketplace.
- Blockchain benchmarking process to apply correct weight on to-be-released features on the blockchain.
- Designed and implemented Bit.Country Asset Bridge allows users to transact assets seamlessly in-metaverse client without interruptions from transaction signing.
- Starting implementation of ink! smart contract to Metaverse.Network that supports wasm smart contract.
Past Development Updates
- Mar 2022 dev update
- Feb 2022 dev update
- Jan 2022 dev update
- Dec 2021 dev update
- Oct/Nov 2021 dev update
- Sept 2021 dev update
- Aug 2021 dev update
- Jul 2021 dev update
- Jun 2021 dev update
Metaverse.Network is the blockchain protocol on top of which Bit.Country is built. Designed and developed to support metaverses and related ecosystem projects. Providing an ethereum-compatible smart contract platform and protocol to build metaverse-native experiences.
Create projects to support the platform’s metaverses, or start a new metaverse directly on top of the protocol.
Bit.Country is a platform for user-created metaverses and games with opportunities to earn.
Launch your own individualized metaverse for your friends, family or members; with your own sky and dedicated world. Let your community be perpetualized on our metaverse machine, and share in the value created.
Customize your metaverse to match the culture of your community, and let them share in the ownership and governance of your world.
Bit.Country & Metaverse Network is building a future for metaverse owners to have the ability to grow exponentially while letting the members take ownership and earn through a variety of opportunities, benefiting directly from the development of the metaverses they are in.
- Successfully launched Metaverse Odyssey Event.
- We won the 14th Slot on Kusama with record-breaking total contributors. (100M TVL)
- Our core founding team launched three other successful global startups in tech, education, and real estate since 2013.
- Accepted participant of Berkeley Blockchain Xcelerator (2021),
- Accepted participant of Bootcamp (2021) at Creative Destructive Lab of Toronto University
- Multiple Web3 Foundation Grant Winner.
- A member of the Substrate Builders Program.
- Bit.Country completed the seed round capital raise of 4M USD from reputable venture capitals. Read more…
Need more information about Bit.Country Metaverse Network？
🔔For partnership, contact us