Development Update February 2022
In Jan 2022, we hired 10 more team members in the engineering team and community management team.
In the meantime, we’ve also made significant progress in product development including readiness for the TGE, metaverse economics, and Kaosland prototyping.
The Pioneer network is ready for token generation, we are waiting for a couple due diligence tasks and compliance sides of things to be completed and confirmed before we make the TGE announcement. Please stay tuned.
Among the new hires, we're thrilled to welcome Chris as our Head of Community & Support! Leading the community team to serve the metaverse ecosystem.
“I can say that joining http://bit.country will allow me to give back and hopefully, help others change their lives. “ ~ Chris.
Happy Lunar New Year of the Tiger! The symbol Bravery, Wisdom and Strength!
Here are the updates from different business units,
Blockchain & Integration Department (Led by Justin)
- Our blockchain node has upgraded to polkadot-0.9.13. Parachain has upgraded to cumulus release-0.9.13.
- Implemented NFT on-chain attributes which will allow other parachain or game engines to handle special logic based on on-chain attributes.
- Designed and added additional attributes handler logic to our Indexer to ensure the attribute indexed correctly.
- Implemented Local Asset Handler for XCM executor which will allow Metaverse Network accept and handle XCM message from/to other parachain. Tested locally to ensure NEER can be transferred between Metaverse Network and parachains. We will work with ecosystem parachain to enable more interoperability.
- Started implementation of integration tests to simulate the runtime logic to ensure all logic has been well tested before releasing to the Production chain.
- Implemented more CI and DevOps to automate the runtime release e.g implemented srtool (deterministic wasm build) to our CI which allows generating and verifying metadata of runtime.
- Started implementing Metaverse Staking and BIT (in-game currency) reward calculation.
- Tested all governance functionalities which will be ready to roll out some governance features.
Metaverse Department (Led by Shannon)
- Metaverse Planner — system to designate environment type and ownership during metaverse creation
- Improved collision system on asset placement in world
- UX improvements to asset placement in world
- UX improvements to creating new assets
- Better experience in determining building rights
- UI redesign for performance improvements
- Improve the world-building system for efficiency and scalability, asynchronous scaling via serverless infrastructure
- Prototyping Kaosland metaverse, conceptual design, ownership allocation, environment.
- Kaosland local economic, metaverse native business model and NFT mining.
Engineering Department (Led by Daniel)
- UX Improvement for displaying estate layers.
- Allow users to upload images to the estate layer with different shapes on the map.
- Design and created a navigation system on the subdivision tool where they will be able to switch between different land blocks.
- UX Improvement for Embed map feature.
- Created a navigation system on Avatar Customiser, allowing users to navigate to different customizations for the avatar.
- Allow users to select different Avatars as a base avatar and customize it.
- Allow users to save the customized Avatar to the database.
Business Development (Led by Ray)
- New partnership meetings and interviews
- Kaosland economic modeling & implementation
- Due Diligence with upcoming partners
- Engaging with MVP.studio for ecosystem project incubation
- Continue to work on education programs
- Metaverse.Network redesign
- Setting up Metaverse Foundation
- Onboarding 10 new team members
Past Development Updates
- Jan 2022 dev update
- Dec 2021 dev update
- Oct/Nov 2021 dev update
- Sept 2021 dev update
- Aug 2021 dev update
- Jul 2021 dev update
- Jun 2021 dev update
Meet the team (Demo Day)
Our largest demo day to the public took place with more than 5k registered and roughly 4k watching live across different platforms! More than 3k of you registered on the first 2 days after the announcement!
✈️Timesaver Version — Watch 2 mins HD highlights
💎Insightful Version — Watch 30 mins HD highlights (Recommended)
✔️Deep drive Version — Watch 120 mins full recording
Bit.Country is a platform for user-created metaverses and games with opportunities to earn. Launch your own individualized metaverse for your friends, family or members; with your own sky and dedicated world. Let your community be perpetualized on our metaverse machine, and share in the value created.
Customize your metaverse to match the culture of your community, and let them share in the ownership and governance of your world.
Metaverse.Network is the blockchain protocol on top of which Bit.Country is built. Designed and developed to support metaverses and related ecosystem projects. Providing an ethereum-compatible smart contract platform and protocol to build metaverse-native experiences.
Create projects to support the platform’s metaverses, or start a new metaverse directly on top of the protocol.
Bit.Country & Metaverse Network is building a future for metaverse owners to have the ability to grow exponentially while letting the members take ownership and earn through a variety of opportunities, benefiting directly from the development of the metaverses they are in.
- Successfully launched Metaverse Odyssey Event.
- We won the 14th Slot on Kusama with record-breaking total contributors. (100M TVL)
- Our core founding team launched three other successful global startups in tech, education, and real estate since 2013.
- Accepted participant of Berkeley Blockchain Xcelerator (2021),
- Accepted participant of Bootcamp (2021) at Creative Destructive Lab of Toronto University
- Multiple Web3 Foundation Grant Winner.
- A member of the Substrate Builders Program.
- Bit.Country completed the seed round capital raise of 4M USD from reputable venture capitals. Read more…
Need more information about Bit.Country Metaverse Network？
For partnership, contact us