Bit.Country Development Update February 2023
We kicked 2023 off with a flurry of activity. Crowdloaners scrambled to claim land parcels in Kaosland. Campaign winners were amongst the first to use our campaign tool to claim NFT, BIT and NEER rewards. Plus, Metaverse Odyssey participants were airdropped with Odyssey Key NFTs that will unlock land-claiming privileges on Continuum’s first metaverse. A prosperous January gives us a positive foresight into the coming months as we prepare to launch the remaining phases of Kaosland.
Kaosland land distribution went live on the 9th of January. The launch was an overwhelming success, and we are eagerly anticipating the upcoming four release phases. In this first phase of the launch, Crowdloaners were allocated land units in claimable areas on the map. Human intuition and speculation for the best location unfolded as fans took ownership of Kaosland. After three weeks of claiming activity, over 9000 users have officially become citizens of Kaosland. Popular metaverse hotspots are nearby highways and the Bit.Country-reserved regions. Landowners have also merged adjacent Land Units to form Estates to increase the buildable area. The Kaosland Map gives a glimpse into the chaotic nature of its citizens that will be the flame to future success.
Phase 2 of the Kaosland launch will allow users to explore the Kaosland terrain. Within the Central Business District, users will discover the futuristic infrastructure that will be a base to incubate metaverse networking and inspire metaverse development.
In January, we launched the alpha version of our Campaign Tool. It successfully distributed over 24,000 rewards to winners of our previous campaigns. The beta version of the Campaign Tool will be available to all metaverse owners to easily create campaigns that can reward their NFT holders, landowners and fans with $BIT, $NEER and NFTs.
To hallmark the success of Kaosland land claim distribution, we revealed the Odyssey Key NFT Collection. Noble, Exotic, Premium and Exclusive NFTs were airdropped to our Metaverse Odyssey contributors. Holders will bootstrap the first metaverse built on Continuum as the NFT unlocks the privilege to claim land in this metaverse.
Metaverse News (Episode 9)
2:01 Latest Metaverse Update — Shannon Christie (CTO)
3:03 Terrain Feature & Satellite System — Shannon Christie (CTO)
6:50 Pioneer Map, New features & Data — Daniel Choi (Dev Lead)
11:20 MetaSoul Project — Daniel Choi (Dev Lead)
12:29 Latest Campaign Tool features — Michael Li (Senior Software Developer)
17:53 Testing Governance UI & Estate Staking Features — Michael Li (Senior Software Developer)
19:25 Event & Campaign Update — Chris Carmona (Head of Growth)
Metaverse.Network Team (By Mike)
- Deployed the alpha version of the rewards Campaign Tool on Pioneer and Metaverse Network blockchain. Then, used it to distribute $NEER, $BIT and NFT rewards for all previous Bit.Country campaign rewards. Further improvements are in progress to be ready for public beta release.
- Added My Rewards section for all users, the place where users can claim rewards from the campaign tool.
- Deployed the blockchain processor on Pioneer to distribute land units to users’ wallets for the Kaosland land-claiming event.
- Further development on the stackable NFTs implementation, EVM precompiles and the reward campaign pallet.
Bit.Country Metaverse Team (By Shannon)
- Updated and redesigned terrain system, able to show greater distances and enhanced detail. In-progress support for improved terrain materials enabling more possibilities in the future.
- Satellite imagery system improvements to performance, reduced system requirements, capturing time and image quality.
- More hotkeys for interacting with tools to reduce mouse usage for advanced users.
- Updated memory management system, better memory utilization for devices.
- Event world user interactivity systems, support for bi-directional gifting and more.
- Experience framework, updated management system for lifecycle and placement.
- Kaosland terrain design improvements, CBD models and colliders.
- General improvements related to performance, and bugs.
Bit.Country Tech Lead Team (By Daniel)
- Focused on Kaosland distribution, updated distribution area, modified and added 2 extra claimable areas/rings and distributed land credits to users.
- Added land sales view on metaverse map, display unit sales and estate sales on the map with sales data.
- Update the colour scheme on the metaverse map.
- Created a feature to design and develop landmark planning, allowing metaverse owners to specify the location as the landmark.
- Created a feature for metaverse owner to customise their landmark.
- Created and designed landmarks for Kaosland.
Community & Operation
- Hosted Twitter Space titled Highlights from 2022 with Founders & Kaosland Insights.
- Guest Speaker on the Monthly Polkadot Community.
- Announcement for Kaosland Land Distribution Going Live
- Published a tutorial for How to Claim Rewards that have been distributed using the Campaign Tool.
- Announced the release of the Odyssey Key NFT Collection of Metaverse Odyssey participants.
- Justin presented in the DotInisghts Polkdot Wrap-up 2022 video.
- Launched a Crew3 campaign to encourage user education for Bit.Country
Creative & 3D Design Team
- Design Odyssey Key NFT Collection
- Detailed development of Kaosland CDB and terrain.
- Initial concept designs for 1st Metaverse on Continuum (Work in progress images)
- Minted a complete set of community-designed avatar wearables.
Metaverse.Network is the blockchain protocol on top of which Bit.Country is built. Designed and developed to support metaverses and related ecosystem projects. Providing an Ethereum-compatible smart contract platform and protocol to build metaverse-native experiences.
Create projects to support the platform’s metaverses, or start a new metaverse directly on top of the protocol.
Bit.Country is a platform for user-created metaverses and games with opportunities to earn.
Launch your own individualized metaverse for your friends, family or members; with your own sky and dedicated world. Let your community be perpetuated on our metaverse machine, and share in the value created.
Customize your metaverse to match the culture of your community, and let them share in the ownership and governance of your world.
Need more information about Bit.Country Metaverse Network？
Website | Twitter | Medium | LinkedIn | Facebook | Telegram | Discord | Documentation